Dunlop 95Q Wah pedal

Started by macula56, December 30, 2004, 08:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macula56

anyone familiar with these? i love the switching on this thing but would like more tone. anyone know anything about them? thanks.  jmac

Transmogrifox

From my understanding, the circuit is identical to the regular "original" crybaby, depending on what
you mean by "original".  What I mean is that the true original didn't have a buffered input so it l
loaded on your pickups.  Anything within the last 20 years has been the same old same old buffered
input crybaby.  I traced out the pcb on mine and found it not at all different from the
schematics I have seen posted around for the crybaby.

I don't know what you mean by "more tone", but you could do the standard change out the inductor
replace some of the cheap caps with higher tolerance caps, replace the resistors with metal film...
yada yada, standard mojo stuff, or you can increase its gain for more distortion, or "quack", or
do a resonance mod.  There's plenty of information about this that you can find linked to this
forum for those kinds of mods.  Otherwise, get a different guitar or different amp and see if that
solves your tone problem.  Do some mojo stuff.  Generally for me, it's not that the pedal tone
is so bad, it's my playing, and if I have enough mojo, it makes me play better so I get better
tone out of my pedals...even if the circuit change is too subtle to "transform" the sound.
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.

Gilles C

When I checked for a Wah to buy, I was told and read that the 95Q had more tone (or a wider freq range I should say...) than the original Crybaby, with some boost added.

So, I am interested to know why you want more tone. I still want to buy a Wah wah new year.

Gilles

macula56

thanks for the replies. don't get me wrong, the 95Q is a great wah pedal. i guess i prefer the sound of some of the older crybaby's that i have had. the 95Q is similar but not quite the same. IMHO. i'm really wanting to find a schematic for one. i have an older 95Q that no longer switches off and i need to know where the switching mechanism is located so i can fix it. anyone know where i might be able to locate one? dunlop was no help at all. thanks and have a happy new year.