Rodent Circuit

Started by weston5952, January 01, 2005, 01:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weston5952

Over the past couploe of weeks I have been slowly working on my first stompbox, a Rodent. Today I have began soldering the component to the PCB that I etched. However, when ordering my parts I failed to order the 30pF cap and the .003uF cap. I don't think that radio shack sells these cap values and I don't want to pay shipping and have to wait longer to order them offline. What would be the effect if I replaced them with some extra caps that I do have such as a 100pF and a .001uF respectivly. Or, is there another place that might be in my city that I can buy them from? Thanks!

RDV

Radio Shack sells an assortment of ceramic caps that will have a 33pF which is quite close. What city do you live in? Changing the tone cap will be the most drastic change. If you have 3 of the .001uF then you could wire them in parallel to get a value of .003uF.

RDV

RDV

weston5952

I live in Wilmington and I do have three of the .001uF so I guess I could do three of them in parallel but I would rather not just to keep things neat. I'll look into the radio shack assortment pack. thanks