Tripple fuzz tone control ?

Started by mat, January 02, 2005, 09:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat

Hi there,

Has anyone built a tone or other extra adjustable control for the Tim Escobedo's Tripple Fuzz (http://www.geocities.com/tpe123/folkurban/fuzz/snippets.html) without sacrificing the wonderful tone it produces ?

I really love the sound of this circuit (thank You Tim for this one also  :D ), but could use a suggestion for an extra control.

The reason i'm asking this is that i made accidentaly a third (potentiometer) hole on the enclosure  :shock:  :oops:  :oops:  :roll:

cheers,
mat

RickL

A few suggestions you may want to consider.

1) Use a spst switch to lift the diodes at the end of the circuit

2) Use a dpdt switch to bypass the whole second part of the circuit after the 1uF cap. This will let you use the circuit as a clean (or at least cleaner) booster, with the Gain control acting as a volume control.

3) Make a simple passive tone control using a capacitor and a pot in series to ground (maybe 0.01uF and 500k? but experiment with both cap and pot value) connected exactly the way a tone control is on a guitar. You might try connecting it immediately after the 1uF cap or immediately before the volume control.

4) Try connecting a pot between the diodes and where they connect to the circuit (either side of the diodes should work). More resistance should soften the effect of the diodes.

mat

Hi RickL,

Very cool ideas, thank You  8)

I must try these immediatly  :!:

cheers,
mat