Blues Breaker build pics

Started by markr04, January 04, 2005, 12:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markr04

Hi all! I built a pair of Tonepad's Blues Breakers (thanks Tonepad!!) for friends this Christmas. Last time I posted the Tube Squealer pics, there were a couple requests for pics of the inside. I did that this time.

I bolted the board to the bottom using aluminum standoffs, and applied Loc-Tite to every nut and bolt that I don't want rattling loose. I put a few coats of conformal coating on the trace side of the board. I used a 4558 in this build (instead of the prescribed one) mainly because I spent so much time designing the "JRC-4558 Inside" logo for the Tube Squealer build.

God bless!

Mark

Pardon my poor English. I'm American.

Fret Wire

Nice Looking build! Excellent graphics! 8)
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Gilles C

Is that a metal box with the inside painted?

If so, I think it is the first time I see a box with the inside painted.

Very nice.

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Phorhas

I love that JRC4558-inside logo... :)

looks good
Electron Pusher

markr04

Quote from: Gilles CIs that a metal box with the inside painted?

If so, I think it is the first time I see a box with the inside painted.

Very nice.

Thank you! Yes, it's a Hammond 1590U aluminum (or aluminium ;)) box. Call me crazy, I always paint the inside too :oops:.
Pardon my poor English. I'm American.

Gilles C

It's ok to paint the inside... I have my own things that I like to do  :lol:

Like making sure everything is aligned, all the resistors with the color code in the same direction, etc...

Nobody knows but you, but you have to do it. Well, if you sell all your boxes, it could be different.

So... you use aluminum boxes... ok, I though it was aluminium boxes  :lol:  :lol:  My mind forgot to translate, I suppose  :oops:

Gilles

MartyMart

Fantastic work ! I'm very envious of that box !! :D

Nice xmas pressie too !
Marty 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

G Kresge

That looks amazing! Great job. I'm jealous of the lucky recipient(s)!

Marcos - Munky

Looks beautiful!!! I liked the 4558 Inside too. I saw this in a pic of a TS that you posted a few time ago.

Marek

That stompbox is the most beautiful pedal I've ever seen in my life.

You obviously have invested a lot of work/skills/emotions in that one...

Greetings,
Marek

Jehle

That's brilliant work Mark!  The graphics really make that project shine too.

Did you silkscreen those or use water slides?

Oh, hi there.  *waves* I'm new here.  :D

cd

DANG, that's a LOT of wire in there!!!

frank05330

that looks great!
how did you do those graphics? all my stompboxes have been left plain so far, but i wanna try prettying them up. i gather hammerite is the best paint, what kind of clearcoat should go over it? dont even know where to start.

Paul Marossy

Nice. I've starting painting the inside of my boxes, too. I just think it looks better...

Samuel

my only concern there would be box grounding....

Paul Marossy

I always hard wire my jack grounds, so the paint is kind of a non-issue. I've never had a problem with doing the grounding that way.

gazza

Mark,
Those graphics look good,  what have you done ?  I can see a thin layer is on top of the box, is that acetate sheet (o.h.p. film)  through a computer printer ?  

one comment,  I'd personally have mounted the circuit board in the box not on the cover....  you can use sticky plastic standoffs or even use the stomp switch as a standoff for the circuit.  

Also it means I'll now have to try harder with the graphics on my pedals !

Gareth.

mrsage

Was the 4558 the only mod you did to the circuit? How does that affect the sound?

Which layout did you use? Or was it your own?

Jehle

Quote from: gazzaMark,
Those graphics look good,  what have you done ?  I can see a thin layer is on top of the box, is that acetate sheet (o.h.p. film)  through a computer printer ?  

I saw that too.  I thought it might be a water slide decal given his comments in another thread (search button ;) ) on the same topic.  It does look very nice, and makes me want to try the water slide decals as an improvement on the overhead transparency method.

After thinking about the white lettering on the top side, that would have to be silk screened on.  There's no way to print "white" on paper. I wish it didn't look that good because now I have to do that.  Pooey.  More money to spend. :lol:

I'm really inspired by the finished look of this project.  It looks totally pro.  Brilliant work.