do you guys only build stompboxes?

Started by badperson, January 04, 2005, 04:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewl

Mainly amps, like the Marshall 18w clone here, the grey stompbox on the 4x12 cab is a TS808 clone.

radio

Hello

Some years ago I built a metal detector .

I had to wound a 10inches coil,a differential oscilator providing the

tonal info you found metal.Apart from being highly temperatur depended

it was great fun!

JME
Keep on soldering!
And don t burn fingers!

Danny G

I also build pedal boards and road cases.  Just got into modding my amp.  Nothing drastic, just cap upgrades, a clipped brite cap and replaced the treble peaking circuit on my JCM800.

Haven't built any pedals lately, but I just started build 2 more modded Big Muffs yesterday.

Paul Marossy

puretube-

That's cool, I didn't see that B4.

everyone-

BTW, I forgot to mention that I have built three tube amps thus far. And some speaker cabs. And various pieces of test equipment, too. And I completed my first electric guitar project about a month ago.

vanhansen

Other than a few guitars, just a few circuits from here.  Still learning though.  I want to get enough knowledge and skill doing this and then make a small practice amp (other than the Ruby).  I would LOVE to make a JCM800 but high voltage tube stuff scares me right now.
Erik

Gladmarr

I'm really wanting to build my own fretless guitar with a sustainiac pickup in it.  I just talked to a buddy of mine in Milwaukee who is going to be selling a bunch of US made Washburn bodies, necks, and parts soon, so I will be getting some of those parts.  I know it's not like actually "making" a guitar, but it is better than modifying something expensive.

I'm also trying to make some nifty control circuitry stuff for my dad's '32 Buick, and put new electronics in the old AM/FM radio for my '67 camaro.  I love nothing more than a cool old dashboard in cars, and if it works like new stuff, so much the better.

Paul Marossy

Fretless guitar, huh? I made one of those recently. They're a lot harder to play well than a fretless bass is! And playing chords is darn near impossible, at least for me...  :oops:

Gladmarr

Yes, indeed.  I have never actually played one, I just thought it would be nice and woody sounding - very un-guitar sounding.  I really have little or no intent on doing chords with it.  It seems quite an uphill battle there.   Fretless seems a lot easier to build than a fretted guitar.  It seems there would be less trouble fitting a neck to a body.

Ry

I built a nixie clock three years ago.  I gave it to my parents.  It has run perfectly ever since.  I got enough parts to build myself one, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  Cool stuff!

Ry