Ugly Face troubles

Started by PurpleTheory, January 04, 2005, 09:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleTheory

Hello,
I've recently been building an Ugly Face, but for some reason I can't get the frequency pot to do anything. Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Matt

freebird1127

Id love to help you but I cant find the schematic anywhere... post it?
Evan Haklar
What's the difference between incompetence and indifference?  I don't know and I don't care!

snorky

Elephants are the new skulls.

freebird1127

check the sensitivity pot for signal off the wiper, check the opto isolater circuit as well...  does the rest of it work?
Evan Haklar
What's the difference between incompetence and indifference?  I don't know and I don't care!

PurpleTheory

I'm not totally sure if the other pots are working correctly, although i can say that they are doing something. The sensitivity pot seems to change the bass/treble and with the threshold i can hear a slight change in volume. Does that sound about right?

Thanks,
Matt

Tim Escobedo

Do you mean it won't oscillate? If pin 4 of the 7555, connected directly to V+, and it still won't oscillate, there's most likely miswiring or bad connection somewhere.  :(

If it's just that the Freq pot doesn't work, there's most likely miswiring or bad connection somewhere.

runmikeyrun

i had the same problem with mine... it would oscillate with v+ to pin 4 but otherwise wouldn't.  I rechecked everything probably 10 times and could find no reason why it wouldn't oscillate.  I finally gave up... it now rests in an old coffee can under my workbench.
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women