0.022uF caps. Any Ideas?

Started by col, January 05, 2005, 10:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

col

I recently bought a large bag of mixed capacitors and have a use for most of them. Unfortunately there are a lot of 0.022uF 250v big fat green ones with a stripboard hole spacing of 6 that I have no use for and wondered if anyone knew of an interesting circuit that will use some of them up. I have a use for most of the 0.1uF and the 0.01uF that came in the bag and will probably be able to use 1 or 2 of the 0.022 ones although I have some smaller poly ones I bought that will be used first. It is unfortunate that they are not all 0.1 as many of the pedals I have built have needed lots such as the Foxy Lady and the Jumbo tonebender.
There are also some ceramic caps with just '005' on them but the disc is quite large so I don't think it is 5pF, does anyone know what they are?

Col
Col

petemoore

No, but my guess is 1.uf.
 I use a FF's input socket and 'reference capacitors' [Iknow what a .1uf, ,0047uf sound like pretty much] then the cap in question, I can target within 10x what the value is, then use the #s to 'guess' the exact value, they usually make more sense after I know 'about' what their value is.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

bwanasonic

A bunch of the www.runoffgroove.com amp stuff uses 22n (.022uf).

The Umble
Peppermill
Fetzer

To name a few...

Kerry M