0.022uF caps. Any Ideas?

Started by col, January 05, 2005, 10:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

col

I recently bought a large bag of mixed capacitors and have a use for most of them. Unfortunately there are a lot of 0.022uF 250v big fat green ones with a stripboard hole spacing of 6 that I have no use for and wondered if anyone knew of an interesting circuit that will use some of them up. I have a use for most of the 0.1uF and the 0.01uF that came in the bag and will probably be able to use 1 or 2 of the 0.022 ones although I have some smaller poly ones I bought that will be used first. It is unfortunate that they are not all 0.1 as many of the pedals I have built have needed lots such as the Foxy Lady and the Jumbo tonebender.
There are also some ceramic caps with just '005' on them but the disc is quite large so I don't think it is 5pF, does anyone know what they are?

Col
Col

col

Don't know what happened here, it went on twice!
Col

SirPoonga

The ruby amp with bassman mods at runnoffgroove :)

vanhansen

ROG Thunderchief or mine and electriclabs' JCM800 emulation.  You can always decrease the hole spacing between the leads by bending them together.
Erik

mojotron

Quote from: colI recently bought a large bag of mixed capacitors and have a use for most of them. Unfortunately there are a lot of 0.022uF 250v big fat green ones with a stripboard hole spacing of 6 that I have no use for and wondered if anyone knew of an interesting circuit that will use some of them up. I have a use for most of the 0.1uF and the 0.01uF that came in the bag and will probably be able to use 1 or 2 of the 0.022 ones although I have some smaller poly ones I bought that will be used first. It is unfortunate that they are not all 0.1 as many of the pedals I have built have needed lots such as the Foxy Lady and the Jumbo tonebender.
There are also some ceramic caps with just '005' on them but the disc is quite large so I don't think it is 5pF, does anyone know what they are?

Col

You could take some perf board and a rotery dial and use these, adding caps in parallel for each switch position, for circuits like the TS808... or (Guvnor even) for creating a switch that you could dial in the mid-range boost frequency by using it on the feedback loop of the 1st stage opamp for bleading off the frequencies in the feedback loop to the (-) side of the opamp that you want to boost.

Another idea would be to do the same kind of thing, but on the output cap in the fuzz face circuit.... that way you could dial in the low end boost....

At a voltage rating of 250v you might find a guy on ebay that really needs them and get top dollar for them as well.....