Is there a clean octave up?

Started by SirPoonga, January 05, 2005, 12:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirPoonga

Someone here told me the only clean octave up, actually close to clean, is the octave screamer.  Does anyone know of a clean octave up?

Johan

go to geofex ( link above..) and scroll down to MU-dubler..I think that one should be as clean as it gets.
the way most octavia-type effects are built, there is no way of geting away from a little distortion, but this one does it a little differently, so maby...

Johan
DON'T PANIC

Alex C

I asked this once.  Here's a link to that thread with a fantastic post by RG.

Alex

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

A ring modulator, with the original signal going to both sides of the multiplier (instead of having an oscillator going to the second side) is as good as you can do with analog, in my opinion.
For playing single notes, you can null the fundamental right out & maintain dynamics (well, in fact the dynamics INCREASE! but that is another story).

jmusser

Thanks to RG again for a great post. It will take me a little while to digest all that he said, but I especially like the way he walked through Gusses OUSB. That's a big help for non-tech types like me, to say this happens here, and that happens there. Really good stuff R.G. !
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".