Pedal Builder's Income Projection Calculator is back on-line

Started by Peter Snowberg, January 06, 2005, 06:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Snowberg

For anybody considering building pedals for a living, better check the numbers before you quit your day job. ;)

I cooked up this PHP based income projection calculator to see if I could quit mine. Hehehehe hee he huuuu......... uhhhh. yeah. :| :?

Anyway.... tell it how much your boxes cost to build, what your income tax rate is, your construction cost to wholesale cost multiplier, and the level you want to re-invenst in your efforts, and it will pop out a multi-color graph with a javascript based floating window that gives you detailed information for each point on the graph. The buttons labeled A through E will fill in different product portfolio test cases to play around with (button E is actually for CDs ;)). Make sure you read the (short) directions before use. Each page it spits out is 75-150K long depending on chart size and this code was written to work on IE under Win2K. YMMV with other platforms.

Happy calculations! :D

http://www.pksbythebay.com/projcalc/

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

zachary vex

interesting approach, peter.  i find your posts intriguing.  8^)

smashinator

That is such an awesome tool.  Thanks for posting it again!
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Bernard Shaw

http://pizzacrusade.blogspot.com/

Paul Marossy

Hey Z, can you attest for the accuracy of this calculator? Is is pretty close in your case?

mojotron

Quote from: Peter SnowbergFor anybody considering building pedals for a living, better check the numbers before you quit your day job. ;)

I cooked up this PHP based income projection calculator to see if I could quit mine. Hehehehe hee he huuuu......... uhhhh. yeah. :| :?

This is a cool tool. There are a lot of pitfalls for the self-employed in general - I'm guessing that if I make 100,000 at my day job - I would have to net about 150,000 - 200,000 to cover insurance, self employment costs and lawyers/accounting costs....

Does that sound about right?

truce11

Looks like I'm quitting my day job.  I'll be sure to mention everyone here when I make it.  In fact, I'm trying to come up with a clever way to do the "honorable mentions".  

Only one I can think of:

Inside the stompbox itself will be a "permanent stamp" or certificate.
 Example:  "Jack Orman owns you" (Maybe with a "seeing eye LED")