News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

site updates

Started by Joe Davisson, January 09, 2005, 01:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Davisson

http://www.diystompboxes.com/analogalchemy/

It's the "same old stuff", but I added circuit descriptions/mods.  More will appear as time allows (I'm re-testing the circuits & fixing problems as I go).  Something I've wanted to do is write a biasing how-to, any interest in this?

attn computer geeks:
I once had a little console program posted to help with electronics math (like voltage-dividers, faking tapered pots, etc.) What is an easy (but sane) way I could make it run from the browser, can JavaScript do this? I really just want to put little calculators inline with the HTML/images. Thanks.

-Joe

Fret Wire

Quote from: Joe DavissonSomething I've wanted to do is write a biasing how-to, any interest in this?

Sounds like a great idea. I'm sure there'd be a lot of interest in a biasing tutorial. :)
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Peter Snowberg

Quote from: Joe Davissonattn computer geeks:
I once had a little console program posted to help with electronics math (like voltage-dividers, faking tapered pots, etc.) What is an easy (but sane) way I could make it run from the browser, can JavaScript do this? I really just want to put little calculators inline with the HTML/images. Thanks.

-Joe
:D

Yes, javascript will handle that easily. You can also toss some DHTML in there for presentation. The DHTML part would allow you to select which of the "calculators" was in use so they can all exist on one page, but the user is presented with only one at a time.

Joe, if you would be interested in conspiring on this, I would glad to add some effort to the mix. I've done DHTML in the past and think it would be a pretty quick project.
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Joe Davisson

If you can hammer out a basic example, I could probably expand on it. I'm picturing some links on the left for the different formulas, that change the frame on the right to an image/calculator for that formula. Or something to that effect...

Any help/ideas you can provide are welcome. I thought a web version would have the advantage of being better tested, and a good resource.

vanhansen

Great stuff, Joe.  Your explanations are really good and helpful to someone like me who's only been doing this a few months.  I plan on breadboarding the Easy Drive.  I put a link to your site on mine if that's OK.
Erik

sir_modulus

Hey Joe! where you goin' with that....(sorry couldn't help myself :D )

I really love your site now! I am decently stompbox experianced, and I really like the descriptions....(The only "flaw" with your site before this).

I think that's a real good idea! I can't help though....sorry. I know a bit of Visual J++ and HTML (and a bunch of other stuff that won't help a bit, like C++, and cobalt etc...), but not nearly enough to help you.

Peace,

Nish

Peter Snowberg

Quote from: Joe DavissonIf you can hammer out a basic example, I could probably expand on it. I'm picturing some links on the left for the different formulas, that change the frame on the right to an image/calculator for that formula. Or something to that effect...

Any help/ideas you can provide are welcome. I thought a web version would have the advantage of being better tested, and a good resource.
Cool. 8)

I'll try to have a framework example done in the next day for you. I really like that people can just save the web page to their local drive and put a desktop shortcut there for it.

DHTML can also allow for some basic graphing functions if you don't mind a graph populated with dots rather than lines.
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

GreenEye

I'm surprised the Amber Boost isn't on the site...(unless I'm blind).

ethrbunny

You could put the calculators into separate popup windows. That way you can drag them off to the side / resize them to work with while staring at a schem in another window.

graphing: you could use DIVs to get a nice bargraph. What kinds of graphs were you hoping to achieve?
--- Dharma Desired
"Life on the steep part of the learning curve"

Marcos - Munky

The articles that you posted in the old site was great. Hope you keep posting your articles.

b_rogers

great youre back joe. i love the easy drive and vulcan.

something i think is helpful is including transistor voltages and actual supply voltages of the circuit, and which resistors effect the bias.

just a newb suggestion...

keep up the good work!

Brent
homegrown, family raised couch potatoes. temperament unsurpassed.
http://electricladystaffs.com/

Joe Davisson

Thanks, I'll try to do some biasing notes soon, maybe highlighting on the schematics which resistors to adjust, etc.

WGTP

Site looks great, as always.

Looking at the Easy Drive triggered a twisted design flash from the past.

3 words VULCAN MUFF PIE   8)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

KORGULL

QuoteSomething I've wanted to do is write a biasing how-to, any interest in this?
Yes!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your site looks very cool so far!
Hope to see some more of your circuits that I've read about, but could not find diagrams for.