Robin Trower Not Before Time !!!!!!!!!!

Started by BD13UK, January 11, 2005, 07:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDV

Torchy

April 17, Custom House, S Shields ... got booking confirmation in front of me ... cant wait :)

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Erm, shouldnt this be in the lounge though ???

RedHouse

No US dates though (yet?) ...bummer! :?

Ge_Whiz

Huh! Not playing the The Traveller's Joy pub in his (and my) home town of Rayleigh in Essex, then!

jayp5150

Frampton still tours close to me (since he LIVES an hour from here!) and I was thinking that he and Trower should hit up Dayton together.

That would be sweet.

StephenGiles

Torchy - please try to borrow a minidisc recorder and record the gig - I don't think I can make the London gig. I last saw Robin at the London Marquee in 1985, and first saw him in the Paramounts at the Fender Club Kenton in North London, I would guess about 1964.
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

RDV

That is truly a magnificent collection of pictures. Who is really a better guitar player than Robin Trower? Daydream kills me cause I'll never be able to play that smooth, the King Biscuit version version especially!

RDV

StephenGiles

We are flying to Buenos Aires at the end of March so Robin's King Biscuit CD will be with me of course along with Led Zep's How the West Was Won. Somewhere I have a BBC session on reel to reel from the 70s. He did a TV special for BBC2 - I wonder if that still exists? The BBC have a nasty habit of wiping old tapes to save money!
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

BD13UK

I think you might be referring to the Rock goes to College  gig that was video taped in 1980 during the Victims of the fury tour just before they went off to the USA.
Brian

StephenGiles

That was the one, I remember that it sounded like they were playing very loud!
Stephen

WGTP

In City Dreams and Caravan to Midnight are fX masterpieces.  Lots of digital delay, flanging, chorusing, etc.  Victums of the Fury is cool too.  

I think I saw him in the 80's opening for Foriener.  Right after OU had beaten Texas.  Lots of energy at the concert.  I thought he would be layed back, but he was rocking.  3 ORANGE MARSHAL STACKS in a curved array.
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

Fret Wire

The king biscuit cut is nice, but I like the "Live" cd better. I like those versions of Daydream and Rock Me Baby. :)
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)