Best Place To Get Perf Boards/No Pads??

Started by Derrick, January 14, 2005, 04:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derrick

Hello, I'm wondering if anybody can tell me the best/cheapest place to get circuit board material with no solder pads on either side?  I think they call that perf board, but I'm not sure.  Standard hole size and spacing preffered!
THANKS!! :D
Derrick

For The Love Of God... Please Don't Ware So Much Cologne Or Perfume!  You STINK!!!!

vanhansen

I get mine at Radio Shack but I get it with solder pads so it has something to stick too.  You want pads on it.  It'll make life and soldering much easier.
Erik

Derrick

Thankyou Vanhansen.  No, I do not want pads on them.  Though I wouldn't mind having some of both, I'm looking for perf board with NO PADS.  So where is the best place to buy perf "board" or circuitboards with no pads but typical hole spacing for components?  Also, where is the best place to buy circuitboards with pad per hole on one side as Vanhansen suggests (I can use some of that too)?  Radio shack is expensive and has little choice.  I want cheap.  If there is one place that has both, that would be nice but is not too important.  I mainly need perfboard!
THANKS!!
Derrick

For The Love Of God... Please Don't Ware So Much Cologne Or Perfume!  You STINK!!!!

petemoore

Small Bear, Mouser, RS...
 I buy the large Perf with pads at RS, enough to do many projects for 4.29...not too bad comparitively...I'm sure theres cheaper sources, but it's good stuff, and right down the street here...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Derrick

OK, we're all quite aware of RS.  Where can I get circuit bords (perf boards) WITH NO PADS? :D   RS does not have them (hear anyways) and are pricy).  I'm looking for a cheap source good to deal with other then Small Bear who is not the cheapest and takes a little longer.  I cannot believe everybody only shops SB and RS!  Mouser is no deal either.  I plan on a moderate run and I'm looking to see if there are alternatives.  I mean, this stuff cannot be to expensive to make!
Derrick

smashinator

Umm.... why don't you want pads?  

You could always flip one of the single-sided pad per hole boards over and work on the, uh, "unpadded" side.  

Personally, I haven't seen any perfboard with no copper for sale anywhere.
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Bernard Shaw

http://pizzacrusade.blogspot.com/

SirPoonga

I have one that I have never used.  I remember I got it from radioshack but not sure why I got it.

aaronkessman

i have some from RS. just checked the other day and its like 3 bucks for  a board big enough for several pedals. maybe 50x50 holes. not at all sure why youd want it.

Hal