Anyone try the Zvex *Jonny Octave* yet?

Started by bwanasonic, January 15, 2005, 04:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwanasonic

ethrbunny

Thats a fun one. How about the "machine"?

I know ZVex trolls this forum. ZV - whats your story? How do you know how to design these things? Whats your inspiration?
--- Dharma Desired
"Life on the steep part of the learning curve"

Paul Marossy

Hmm... looks like the Johnny Octave is out on the market now. I was noticing that pedal from his last NAMM show pictures, but at that time it was a prototype.

cd

The demo video is cool.  I'm going to use the proper spelling - Jonny Octave - for folks doing searches years from now :)

bigjonny

If you ask me, ditching the "h" is the way to go!  8)  Who needs that superfluous "h", anyhow?  Well done, Z.

zachary vex

thanks.  8^)  i've gotten a lot of flack about that pedal from the HCFX forum but a few people like it.  i love waveform-folding pedals.  there's a .pdf that roughly describes (with drawings!) the approach i use in the jonny octave here:

http://zvex.com/images/JonnyOctave.pdf

jimbob

Man! I so wish i had the cash to buy this stuff for my private collection!!! O well! Time to keep on building...  Good luck Z! Maybe someday my poor ass will afford such cool toys.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Paul Marossy

I just watched that video. Very cool, I like it!  8)

BTW, are those two little inductors that I see in that video?

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: jimbobMan! I so wish i had the cash to buy this stuff for my private collection!!! O well! Time to keep on building...  Good luck Z! Maybe someday my poor ass will afford such cool toys.

Jimbob, if you keep building long enough then you will probably INVENT something equally cool! DIY or DIE :D

cd

Quote from: Paul MarossyI just watched that video. Very cool, I like it!  8)

BTW, are those two little inductors that I see in that video?

They're transformers.

Paul Marossy

Transformers, huh? Oh, I see, kind of like how an audio transformer is used in the Jawari, right? Now that little circuit board is making more sense...

petemoore

Fuzz Freakin' Factory for about 170...now that's the kinda deal I know I won't try at home...That's so tight !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Marossy

I really need to buy a Fuzz Factory!  8)

ethrbunny

Quote from: zachary vexi've gotten a lot of flack about that pedal from the HCFX forum

ummm.. whats that?
--- Dharma Desired
"Life on the steep part of the learning curve"

Paul Marossy

Harmony Central Effect Forum , I believe.