May Queen Trouble- Anyone had this problem? ROG?

Started by jimbob, January 17, 2005, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

Sounds great EXCEPT that im getting a wierd decay/attack sound when i first hit a note. I adjusted the trimmer all ways and no difference in that problem. The sound is kinda scratchy/ broken that decays away.

anyone had this problem? I couldnt find any thread bout this. How do i get this fixed?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

petemoore

SOunds like a possible bias issue, how's the bias ont he transistors?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

jimbob

OK- got it. It was a bad 5088 tranny- done deal. Neat / easy effct. Worth doing!
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

msb69

Quote from: jimbobOK- got it. It was a bad 5088 tranny- done deal. Neat / easy effct. Worth doing!

Did you make your May Queen exactly to the specs?  I added a DPDT toggle switch across the volume pot that allows me to switch between one of two caps to filter out some of the high end.
M

jimbob

NOt exactly to the specs- but close as i had the parts for. I use the EH philiosophy of "use wht ya got and git'r close." Example- if it askes for a 10k- and all i have is 15k. Than 15k it is. :D

MartyMart

Quote from: jimbobNOt exactly to the specs- but close as i had the parts for. I use the EH philiosophy of "use wht ya got and git'r close." Example- if it askes for a 10k- and all i have is 15k. Than 15k it is. :D

My thoughts exactly ! :D

I was thinking of making this one too, is it a bit like a "Fuller" sounding BMTB - ie; treble boost, not too thin + some crunch ??

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

jimbob

It had a lot more distortion/gain than i thought it would.