Question about Tim's Phuncygnosis

Started by sir_modulus, January 18, 2005, 08:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sir_modulus

What are the two inputs for :? , and why does one have a switched jack, and go through all this stuff, while the other one goes through a cap? Where would I normally plug in my guitar, and what would I plug into the other input?

Thanks a bunch,

Nish

Paul Marossy

IIRC, the aux. input was for something like a drum machine. You would normally plug your guitar into the point labeled as "in".

Tim Escobedo

This is correct. A second instrument/audio source is plugged into the aux. jack. This allows the guitar to be filtered in sync with the second instrument/audio source. Basically modulating the guitar with the envelope of another instrument.

jmusser

I asked him the same thing when I built it too. This is a great circuit, and well worth your effort to build. For me, the only thing I would leave out, is the switched section with the 4 LED's that gives a lower tone selection, but that's a personal preference. I like the quack it gets with just the single LED.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

Paul Marossy

QuoteI like the quack it gets with just the single LED.

Same here.  8)