Wanna see my blonde girlfriend and her favorite pedal?

Started by MartyB, January 18, 2005, 11:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hailstorm350

wow your girlfriend is a real hottie!  :mrgreen:
by the way, nice graphics on that box how'd you do that? vinyl?
props on that one
Now, don't you start that again!

vanhansen

Now that is one of the coolest looking pedals I have seen.  Gee Marty, where'd you get the idea to paint it like that?  :lol: Something tells me an album title was involved.  (I know what it is, just makin people go look at the pic).  Really, that is very cool.  Excellent job.
Erik

Alex C

What's sad is that I would have been more eager to read this thread if you had titled it "blonde Strat and new fuzz pedal."

The other day on a forum, someone posted a picture of a voluptuous beauty holding a vintage Les Paul.  I ogled her smooth curves and delicious features, and after about ten seconds, I realized there was a girl there.  :roll:

The finish on the box is amazing, and the graphics choice couldn't have been better!  Excellent work!

Alex

mojotron

Quote from: MartyBhttp://www.freewebs.com/martyb/axisfuzz.htm

8)
That is a really cool idea. And, really well done!!

About your girlfriend in the picture... Sorry to break this to you; but I think your girl friend "gets around"  :shock: - I mean, I've seen her with some other guys. And, well...  8)  8)  8)

Sorry Marty...

Mike Burgundy

MartyMart

I hate to tell you, but your "girlfriend" just had her 50th birthday, so she may be lying about her age and dying her hair too  !!   :D
Nice job, "waterslide" decal or lazerjet on plastic ??

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Ge_Whiz

Hopefully, lemon oil will get the stains off her body.

Dji

Press Jimi's belly to engage the cosmos. Nice.

RDV

petemoore

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Jim Jones

Paul Marossy

Cool graphics. How'd you do that? I mean, did you use some program to create that image or?

BTW, how do you know that guitar is a "she" anyhow?!  :lol:

Ben N

Quote from: Paul MarossyBTW, how do you know that guitar is a "she" anyhow?!  :lol:
Curves?  Jack?  I could go on and on, but this is a family forum.

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

Paul Marossy

QuoteCurves? Jack? I could go on and on, but this is a family forum.

Ah, so a "he" guitar would be more square, like a Bo Diddley guitar?!  :lol:  

Sorry, I need some humor today, last week was rough.  8)

Ben N

Paul:

He, he...  I was actually thinking of Bo Diddley when I posted!

Maybe some of those angly, pointy hair band guitars--any 70's-80's BC Rich, Dean or Charvel would have to be male, or at best androgenous.  But any of the classic guitars--Strat, Tele, LP, 335, 175, etc.--would have to be female.  They are just sensuous that way.  (Is that why I love 'em so much?  Is that why Leo & Les designed 'em that way?)

I hope your week gets better.

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

MartyB

It's a Small Bear waterslide decal.  The image of the Axis: Bold as Love album cover is off the web, as is the typed font.  I worked with the image in bitmap form in MS Paint.  If you need a recommendation for image file conversion software, check out ReaConverter Pro.  There's a trial version that works pretty well.  I really like Dragonfly's artwork, which he said was vinyl.  You're limited to light color undercoat paint with waterslide because of translucency.  This is my favorite fuzz, but I haven't built the venerable three-knob tonebender yet.  "Blondie" is an american strat.  She gets an awesome Hendrix vibe with the Axis fuzz.  Build this pedal if you haven't yet.  Some of them just deserve alittle extra dressing up.

MartyB
8)

petemoore

Blonde IS beautiful.
 Strats are pretty, I love them for their 'minds', justthe way a strat is So Stratty, and Strat is as cool as anything...took me a LONG time to get used to strats, I used to be a Strictly Gibson Guy...Melody Maker, LP and SG...grreat guitars to get used to, I'd plug a strat in the MXR Dist box I had, and the Marshall became UNRULY, feeding back etc. I didn't know really what I was doing then, those who bought Strats at the time seemed to have no such problems, perhaps one gets biased, because one understands the sound of ones guitar like the sound of your voice, takes working with to find what it does, really working it finds new areas that can only be found by working with it.
 I'm less of a 70's crunch freak, used to want buy guitars Eric and keith and George liked, but never afforded a Beatles type guitar.
 Maybe I was more narrowly I focused on bar chord type music, learned that real good...not the toughest stuff technique wise, I was able to make that work N/P tho, however, me and my rig used to have a much more difficult time doing the 'other side'....softer passages.
 That looks like a very beautiful guitar. These days I totally admire what Leo figured and applied to Fenders best known guitar [Tele yes I know...] most copied anyway. Looks like that ones a 'beemer'.
 Now, I wish'd I'dda never sold that Cream Strat. Daft.
 Closest thing I have to Strat has the three pickups, and works 'sorta like a "Strat", even though there are so many individual Strats, and wide differences about them.
 Great Picture, I'd probably have fun sitting, and admiring, and adding comments for a long while if I were there, we set up our guitars next to each other and compare/contrast, look at the back for a time etc.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

MartyB

That'd be cool Pete.

When I figure out how to upload soundclips I'll add some.

Thanks everyone for the good feedback.

MartyB