New DPDT switch at Maplins ( UK )

Started by MartyMart, January 19, 2005, 08:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

Found these today, at www.maplin.co.uk the code to search is FH93B
its a DPDT latching switch, looks more sturdy than the small ones they normally have, cost   £4.99 each

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

TheBigMan

Actually they've had FH93B for a good while.  I TB'd my wah with one around four years ago.  For whatever reason the search engine seems to skip past that one when you look for DPDTs though, and IIRC it's listed under "6A type" or something like that.

It's a pretty decent switch though, they are made by Miyama.

MartyMart

Quote from: TheBigManActually they've had FH93B for a good while.  I TB'd my wah with one around four years ago.  For whatever reason the search engine seems to skip past that one when you look for DPDTs though, and IIRC it's listed under "6A type" or something like that.

It's a pretty decent switch though, they are made by Miyama.

Thanks BigMan,
that explains why I've never seen them before !!
they never have any in-store either  :roll:
Might give one a try then,
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

col

The smaller £3.99 one is the only one shown in their catalogue and web site. The bigger £4.99 one is sometimes on the racks, but they only seem to put them out when they have sold out of the cheaper ones. They have them definately at Warrington, Salford (Regent Road) and Manchester (Oxford Road). I have found the bigger ones to be more sturdy.
The non-latching vesions are sometimes put in the wrong place on the racks, always check what it says on the packet as both versions look identical.
Col

col

I forgot to mention, DPDT switches are available from wah-wah.co.uk. He also has some of the blue 3PDT switches for sale. I managed to get some J201 FETs off him, I have had real trouble sourcing them in the UK. I received them only a couple of days after posting the cheque, excellent service!
I have also bought gemanium transistors amongst other items off peteroberts007@aol.com. I can't find his web page address, but again excellent service and very helpful.
Col

MartyMart

Quote from: StephenGilesWhich branch is this Marty?
Stephen

Kingston upon thames and Wimbledon, they never seem to have much, or even much of a "clue" about parts, lots of "RC cars" though !!!!

Marty.

TheBigMan

Stuart at wah-wah.co.uk offers excellent service.  However I often use www.banzaieffects.com for parts, as they have a much wider selection of transistors and opamps.  J201s, 2N5457s, MPF102s, 2SK30As, 2SC1815s, JRC4558Ds are all there, and plenty of other things that are tricky to find in the UK.  They're based in Germany so no taxes to pay either.  :)

BD13UK

Bigman !!!!!!!!! being from Glasgow I use Maplin at GT Western Road quite a lot but every time I go in they inevitably dont have certain items on the wish list !!!!!!! and RS wont sell over the counter unless your Trade but WILL supply you via the net from head office then charge you a silly price for shipping, the RS Store is a 10 minute drive from my house which makes it even more annoying, I'm sureyou'll have experienced this yourself.
Brian

JerryP

That website address for Pete Roberts is http://hometown.aol.co.uk/oldradioparts/semiconductors.htm. I recently bought a CV7003 for a treble booster I built and the service was excellent. You can use PayPal too if you so wish.

MartyMart

Quote from: BD13UKBigman !!!!!!!!! being from Glasgow I use Maplin at GT Western Road quite a lot but every time I go in they inevitably dont have certain items on the wish list !!!!!!! and RS wont sell over the counter unless your Trade but WILL supply you via the net from head office then charge you a silly price for shipping, the RS Store is a 10 minute drive from my house which makes it even more annoying, I'm sureyou'll have experienced this yourself.

To get an account from "RS" you have to prove that you are "trade"  so just print out a few sheets of "Headed" letter paper, get some free buisness cards from www.vistaprint.co.uk ( look for free buisness cards icon )  and youre off !
I run a studio and am "self employed" but thats all they wanted to see.
Call yourself an "Audio/ electronics engineer" or whatever  :D

Marty.

TheBigMan

Maplin have now got online stock levels for your local store, so you can check what you need and input your postcode to see which stores have it.  I got a load of stuff from the St Enoch Square branch last Friday, although I usually use East Kilbride.

Like MM I have an RS account so I go for trade counter collection when I order from them.