Bartolini TubeIt Info?

Started by dpresley58, January 19, 2005, 05:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpresley58

Was looking for a schematic or any technical info on the unit... Haven't been able to find much more than reviews. Anyone know of a dependable schematic for this puppy?
Little time to do it right. Always time to do it over.

Blues Lyne

It would be great if there is a schematic floating around out there.  Can't very well reverse engineer the thing, since most parts are housed in a solid black rectangle.  I really like the Tube-It, but it would be nice to be able  to mod it a bit.

Johan

I believe it is very close to Westbury W20 ( found at geofex in the vintage fx section ) and Nady ( do a search in schematic2 ) and also an old Guyatone tube pedal that i dont remember the name of. they all share the same buildingblocks only with slight differences and tweaks..

Johan
DON'T PANIC

Blues Lyne

I'm not sure what the circuit is, but there is no tube in the Tube-It.   It's a great drive with a strat.  Has nice touch response.  Mine is a little noisy.  Might be time to change the electrolytics.

dpresley58

Quote from: Blues LyneI'm not sure what the circuit is, but there is no tube in the Tube-It.   It's a great drive with a strat.  Has nice touch response.  Mine is a little noisy.  Might be time to change the electrolytics.

Now, BL, I'd be happy to relieve you of that noisy ol' thing in the interest of ridding your life of but one more annoyance... :D

Seriously, I haven't been able to find -anything- on the schematics. I've never even seen one, but the reviews and comments I get make it sound like its something I really need to check out.

Who knows..? Maybe someone will surprise us and come up with one.

Thanks, Johan, for the potential "sound-alikes".

R.G.

QuoteCan't very well reverse engineer the thing, since most parts are housed in a solid black rectangle.
QuoteWho knows..? Maybe someone will surprise us and come up with one.
This is one of those places where someone is going to have to make a leap of faith. Someone is going to have to get one, or use the one they have, and de-pot it to find out what's inside. That will happen when someone decides that the information is worth the cost of destroying one to find out.

I understand that's how the Klon Centaur schematic was obtained.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Blues Lyne

[/quote]This is one of those places where someone is going to have to make a leap of faith. Someone is going to have to get one, or use the one they have, and de-pot it to find out what's inside. That will happen when someone decides that the information is worth the cost of destroying one to find out.

I've actually considered that.  Since it's not just a board that's had some goop added, but apparently a board that's been completely sealed in some sort of plastic, my concern is that the pedal would be ruined and the board would be untracable.  If I was confident it could be reverse engineered and I could build a new one, I'd sacrifice it.

R.G.

Quote...my concern is that the pedal would be ruined and the board would be untracable. If I was confident it could be reverse engineered and I could build a new one, I'd sacrifice it.
Yep. It's a gamble, all right.

I've heard that the guy who did the Klon did destroy the one he un-potted, and it never worked again. The clone did, though.

It's kind of like the warnings in stock prospectus-es - "investing in these securities is risky, and should only be attempted by people who can withstand the loss of their entire investment", or the equivalent.

You are entirely justified to not destroy yours, and don't let anyone make you feel otherwise. I'm still aobut $400 down after buying the Big Cheese to reverse. I still wonder about exactly why I did that from time to time 8-)
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Blues Lyne

QuoteYou are entirely justified to not destroy yours, and don't let anyone make you feel otherwise.

I understand.  It's definitly a circuit that is worth having available.  It's main claim to fame is it's rareity, though I haven't heard another pedal that sounds the same.  It's especially nice with a strat.

Speaking of the Klon schematic, where does one find that?

Blues

R.G.

QuoteSpeaking of the Klon schematic, where does one find that?
One doesn't. It's not available on the net that I know of.
R.G.

dpresley58

Quote from: Blues LyneI understand.  It's definitly a circuit that is worth having available.  It's main claim to fame is it's rareity, though I haven't heard another pedal that sounds the same.  It's especially nice with a strat.

Aw, man... You could'a talked all -day- without telling me -that-... :)

That's pretty much why I've been beating the bushes for one lately.