Rangemaster stripboard layout !

Started by Dragonfly, January 19, 2005, 10:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

heres a stripboard/veroboard layout for the Dallas Rangemaster...its the PNP version, and i included a LED for effect on/off awareness...

be advised...i havent verified the layout yet, though it looks to be correct...if anyone see's any issues, let me know, and i'll make the appropriate changes...

enjoy !

heres a parts list for ya....

*enclosure
*led
*veroboard....15 strips X 10 holes
*1/4" stereo jack
*1/4" mono jack
*3PDT footswitch
*10K Log/audio pot
*knob
*suitable germanium PNP transistor, such as OC44, CV7003, or even AC128
*(2) 3.9k resistors (metal film recommended)
*68K resistor (metal film as well)
*470K resistor (yep...metal film)
*(2) 47mf axial electrolytic caps (16v)
* .005 film cap
* .01 film cap
*battery clip and 9v battery
*hookup wire

and the diagram....

MartyMart

Nice layout, do you use "mspaint" like Torchy ?
Unfortunately, I still use pencil and paper . . . . . . . .

Cheers,
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

BD13UK

Thanks for the Rangemaster Perf layout Dragonfly, I for one REALLY appreciate these Perf layouts as I dont have facilities for making PC boards and find the Perf layouts much simplier for my use.
Brian

BD13UK

Thanks for the Rangemaster Perf layout Dragonfly, I for one REALLY appreciate these Perf layouts as I dont have facilities for making PC boards and find the Perf layouts much simplier for my use.
Brian

Dragonfly

Quote from: MartyMartNice layout, do you use "mspaint" like Torchy ?
Unfortunately, I still use pencil and paper . . . . . . . .

Cheers,
Marty.

yeah...i just made a template in paint and work from that....after you make the initial one, its easy...just copy, click, and drag...

Dragonfly

Quote from: BD13UKThanks for the Rangemaster Perf layout Dragonfly, I for one REALLY appreciate these Perf layouts as I dont have facilities for making PC boards and find the Perf layouts much simplier for my use.

youre welcome...but realize that this is a veroboard/stripboard layout, not perfboard....though you could easily convert it to a perfboard layout by running bare wire where the strips are :)
enjoy...everyone should build at least one rangemaster in their lifetime  :twisted:

Karmasound

Yes thanks for doing these guys. I am a beginner myself. I have a Fuzz face with mods under my belt. But these are nice to learn from.

I went back and did a search for more. Hey Dragonfly, do you have these on your website? What is the addy?

Thanks 8)

BD13UK

Rather than adding a cap switch to the layout would it be practical to use a pot as a tone control/shaper going from Rangemaster cap value to full boost and if so how would it be accomplished using the layout as above.
Brian

Dragonfly

Quote from: BD13UKRather than adding a cap switch to the layout would it be practical to use a pot as a tone control/shaper going from Rangemaster cap value to full boost and if so how would it be accomplished using the layout as above.

you could use the EZ Face "blend" control...you should be able to search this site and find an address for the schematic/....

andy

Dragonfly

Quote from: KarmasoundYes thanks for doing these guys. I am a beginner myself. I have a Fuzz face with mods under my belt. But these are nice to learn from.

I went back and did a search for more. Hey Dragonfly, do you have these on your website? What is the addy?

Thanks 8)

still working on the site...just had a consultation with a site designer the other day...i'll keep you posted...there'll be LOTS of EZ Build stripboard layouts on it !