Doug Hammond's Meteor pedal

Started by darquestarr, January 20, 2005, 02:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darquestarr

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Doug Hammond?  His site doesn't seem to have an email link on it.  I'm intereted in building his Meteor pedal.  I have the schematic but am not advanced enough to design a pcb layout from it.  

On that note, does anyone know how to reach R. G. Keen?  I didn't see an email link on his site, either.  I'm trying to score a copy of his book, PCB Layout for Musical Effects.

Thanks,

HB

Alpha579

you could pm RG...im not sure doug goes on this forum anymore....
Alex Fiddes

Mark Hammer

I've exchanged a few notes with Doug on Ampage in recent months, but he's indicated that he's moving on to other things; another stage in life basically.

RG's "around" but he also seems to be moving on to another stage, albeit one which does not preclude effects, but DOES make his presence here intermittent and his responsiveness to e-mail sporadic.

tcobretti

Would you mail me that schematic?  I went to get it recently and he'd taken it down.

trvsbrwn at gimail.af.mil

Thanks very much.

Paul Marossy

QuoteI've exchanged a few notes with Doug on Ampage in recent months, but he's indicated that he's moving on to other things; another stage in life basically.

Well, I have to admit that that is a bummer to me  :cry: , but I can also understand that. I am really thankful for some of the stuff that he has contributed. I really love the Octal Fatness and the other stuff of Doug's that I have built.

Thanks Doug!  :)

sir_modulus

I'm a gonna agree with Paul on this one...for my uses, I liked the Octal Fatness, I personally loved the firefly for studio stuff too.

We miss you Doug!

Nish

Paul Marossy

Well, of course the Firefly goes without saying.  :wink:

I just like the Octal Fatness a little better, especially since it's considerably louder than the Firefly and I like the sound of the pentode on the input. It's perfect for the typical situation I would find myself in - and it's a heck of a lot lighter than my '74 Twin Reverb or my Hot Rod DeVille is!