The tiniest pcb I've ever made (FET preamp) (pics)

Started by Fp-www.Tonepad.com, January 20, 2005, 03:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirPoonga

Quote from: Fp-www.Tonepad.comTubescreamer... it can be made a LOT smaller than my posted version ;)
Yep, goto Tillman's site.  he has it in the end of a cable!

Next I suppose someone will make this with surface mount parts...

Paul Marossy

QuoteNext I suppose someone will make this with surface mount parts...

Yep, that's about the only way that you can get it any smaller.  :wink:

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Hal

how much current does that draw - could you run it off button cells ?

pretty sweet.

Paul Marossy

Are you thinking a bunch of a button cells in series? That's a good question. My intuition tells me that they wouldn't last very long and would be more expensive than a 9V battery.

Hal

Quote from: Paul MarossyAre you thinking a bunch of a button cells in series? That's a good question. My intuition tells me that they wouldn't last very long and would be more expensive than a 9V battery.

some of the FET pedals only draw a couple of uA...
CR2032's are rated around 200 mah, and can be had for a dollar, so 3 lithium cells in series would have a life similar to a 9v, and wouldn't cost _that_ much more...

Torchy

You know the piezo gas lighters in hardware shops ? They take a 12V battery thats the size of four button cells  :idea:

Paul Marossy

Quotesome of the FET pedals only draw a couple of uA...
CR2032's are rated around 200 mah, and can be had for a dollar, so 3 lithium cells in series would have a life similar to a 9v, and wouldn't cost _that_ much more...

Hmm... you learn something new every day! I guess it's possible, then, because a 9V battery lasts quite a long time with that Tillman circuit. That's actually cool because I have one guitar that I would like to put this circuit into, but the cavity is too small to fit a 9V battery. Has anyone ever used those type of batteries for this circuit?!

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Torchy: VERY NICE!

Current draw is around 0.45mA.
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

R.G.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.