News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

S**T

Started by mat, January 20, 2005, 06:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat

Well i spent some time to finish these tube reamer and phozer boxes and did not remember that you can repaint the HAMMERITE paint within couple of hours or after that you have to wait about 6 WEEKS to put another coat on them  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

.. so they dried two days and then i sprayed a thin coat of clear lacquer.. the result can be seen in here:

Well, somewhat happy end. The pedals after couple of hours:

I left the bottom plate of the tube reamer as it was.

Some day i will paint them again as they were.

The Lesson:

- remember the HAMMERITE 'times'
- when using permanent marker, the clear lacquer makes it flow very easily

just to remaind fellow DIY'ers not to make same mistake i did..

mat

birt

what were the original colors? cos that's a really cool effect if you do it on purpose 8)
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

Dragonfly

Quote from: mat

I left the bottom plate of the tube reamer as it was.

Some day i will paint them again as they were.

The Lesson:

- remember the HAMMERITE 'times'
- when using permanent marker, the clear lacquer makes it flow very easily

just to remaind fellow DIY'ers not to make same mistake i did..

mat

the bottom looks amazing...i'd just wet sand it and clear over it :D

Hailstorm350

I'm glad you sanded off the finish it really did look like S**T!!! :P
That would be a cool effect if you could do it with like two or three colors that MATCHED, not puke colors like brown, green, tan, blue, and red all mixed together LOLz!!! :shock:

HAHAHA glad you took picture of it before though, cuz now I can look at it and laugh No harsh feelings, but that would be kindof funny if you made an ugly face or something into a box colored like that!
cheers,
Ken
Now, don't you start that again!

mat

Hi,

Quote from: birtwhat were the original colors? cos that's a really cool effect if you do it on purpose 8)

the tube reamer was painted with dark blue and then i dropped drops of different colours on it and then with straw did stir it a little bit. it gives a nice marble effect. the clear coat messed the colours complitely  :evil:

phozer was green drops on red. not stirred so much.

QuoteDragonfly
the bottom looks amazing...i'd just wet sand it and clear over it

i think ill leave it as it is. the clear coat rised the surface on some areas and sanding that might get ugly results. this was first time to try that kind of technique. :? after all it will be on my pedalboard so i dont have to look it too often..

QuoteHailstorm350I'm glad you sanded off the finish it really did look like S**T!!!

Yes it did !

QuoteThat would be a cool effect if you could do it with like two or three colors that MATCHED, not puke colors like brown, green, tan, blue, and red all mixed together LOLz!!!  

yes, this was my first experiment with mixing paints. next time maybe i'll be luckier  :roll:

QuoteHAHAHA glad you took picture of it before though, cuz now I can look at it and laugh No harsh feelings, but that would be kindof funny if you made an ugly face or something into a box colored like that!
yeah..

mat