about a mute switch

Started by nero1985, January 21, 2005, 09:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nero1985

well i have a DPDT and a SPDT toggle onboard of my guitar where the tone controls should be (its a les paul) now i want to use one as a mute switch so of course i just have to wire one to ground so that in one position the signal goes to ground but i was wondering, wouldnt that give me a POP! when i switch it?? if so wat should i do to eliminate it? i was thinkg about a resistor but im not sure of how to wire and also i was thinking about using the other switch as a tone control so that when i switch it, it would work as a tone control rolled back, now how should i wire that? thanks u guys......

petemoore

I don't see why there'd be any more pop than switching from a neck pickup on full to a Bridge *pickups volume turned all the way down [*which would be connection to ground]
 Doesn't mean there isn't another reason, but I don't think you'd get pop...just clip a little wire off signal path and touch it to ground and see whappens...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Marossy

I don't think popping noises would be an issue. I have a guitar with a bypass-able FET preamp in it that probably provides a good 20dB of gain, and I don't get any popping noises when switching it on/off. I doubt that you would have any problems doing what you want to do.  8)