More Creative Graphics For Y'all

Started by Paul Marossy, January 21, 2005, 09:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

Here's my original Bulldog (rebuilt Shaka Tube) that some of you may remember from last year:

I finally succumbed to the desire to paint it and do something to make it look better than plain old grey. The obvious choice for something named "Bulldog" was to use a British flag. I found one on the 'net, manipulated it to the size I need and printed it out. That got applied to the top of the enclosure and then I used my usual full face decal on top of that.

I also did a sort of "sunburst" around the edges on the face and did a light overspray of white on the top. This gives it almost a denim looking quality to it that you can't really see in these pictures to well. I coated the whole enclosure with gloss polyurethane. It didn't yellow anything this time like it did on my fabric covered pedal.

And here is a view of the sides showing all of the ventilation holes that I drilled in the enclosure. There are the same holes on the opposite side as well.

I think I am finally happy with this one. I guess the third time is the charm!  :wink:

BTW, the white is also much brighter than the pictures make it appear to be.

petemoore

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Dragonfly

That looks KILLER Paul !  HUGE[/color] improvement !

Paul Marossy

Thanks guys.  :)

Not bad for something I threw together in a couple of hours, huh?  :wink:

:shock: Uh, I have a thing for flags lately... :!:  :?:
Gee, I guess I can have some with graphics, can't I?!  :lol:

Dragonfly

Quote from: Paul MarossyThanks guys.  :)

:shock: Uh, I have a thing for flags lately... :!:  :?:

you = flags

me = WWII fighter planes

Alpha579

Great look paul! and dragonfly, that looks great!
Alex Fiddes

dave h.

those are both very badass.
i like the little bulldog logo a lot.
and the air-force motif looks awesome.

heres a somewhat off-topic question though...

heres my idea, and its more than likely been done before, but id like to do it anyways. get either glow in the dark stickers, paint, or labels (glow in the dark labelmaker rolls would be ideal) to put on all my pedals and such, and then along the back edge of my pedalboard, mount one of those cheap little neon blacklight fixtures, that come with the mounting holes and such already. it would be easy to do, i think, and it would make playing in the dark or in a sea of strobe lights much easier.

so do they sell glow in the dark paint pens, or labelmaker cartridges, or things of that nature?

Paul Marossy

Dragonfly-

Wow, that is very cool! I was really into WWII fighter planes as a teenager in the early 80s. I never thought of that concept, pretty cool. I'm just on a flag kick right now, I'm sure that'll pass.

dave h.-

That bulldog logo came off of an old (1960s?) Bulldog Electric Company electrical service panel nameplate. I removed this from a panel that was on a building that was being remodeled. That nameplate sat in my desk drawer for probably 10 years before I found a use for it - I wanted to use it for something, but at that time I wasn't building things. Anyhow, I cut it down to the shape that it is now and put in on that pedal that I called "Bulldog".

Dragonfly

Quote from: dave h.

so do they sell glow in the dark paint pens, or labelmaker cartridges, or things of that nature?

i looked into the glow in the dark thing a while back...found spray paint, brush on paint, but no paint markers....they might make one now though...

vanhansen

Erik

MartyB

petemoore

I used to buy and build WWII plane models, and build and decal them, then built a whole 'fighter scene' hanging the planes from the ceiling from strings.
 German Junkers, Stukka's and USAF B-47's and Mustangs...then reading about which were deemed 'best' by the users, and staging the 'fighter scene' accordingly.
 A few of my buddies did likewise...and appreciated how back then having a powerful Air Force was the key to winning battles and wars.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Marossy

When I was building plastic models years ago, I built a Stuka, an ME109 and a ME292. I was totally into German armor and planes...

Paul Marossy

I was just thinking - with my success on this project, I think I could take virtually any magazine picture or something and plaster it on top of an enclosure. The possiblities are endless!

R.G.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Paul Marossy

Dan N

Nice work guys!

Can I share too? Here is my homage' to truck drivers and the music that keeps them big rigs rollin'!

http://users.rio.com/senorris/junk/ttbss.jpg

Dragonfly

Quote from: Dan NNice work guys!

Can I share too? Here is my homage' to truck drivers and the music that keeps them big rigs rollin'!

http://users.rio.com/senorris/junk/ttbss.jpg

....now THAT kicks ass !!!!

if ya don't mind, i'm gonna have to "steal" that idea for one of my "personal" pedals !  ( i used to have a band, Mothertrucker, that played only truckin' songs....)

kojjum

Here's a couple of designs in a large (1.6 Mb) pdf-file that I'm evaluating for some projects. I print them out on a transparent vinylsticker, apply them on white painted boxes and put a couple of layer with cleracoat on them.

//jens
Never repair stuff that ain't broken!

Paul Marossy