Electronic by-pass switch

Started by j.c., January 23, 2005, 09:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new_winter

its the same!!!

roma and RG!

I have one, and really works fine (roma) but, I had lose bright.. mmm (impedances trouble????), I will change both 2 uF cap by .1 or .01 or .001 or I will make a buffer.... I dont know

greetings!

Mark Hammer

The 4016/4066-based switch that Craig Anderton had in his projects books works nicely.  One of the best things about it is that it uses latched switches.  At first glance this may seem like a nuisance in comparison to the momentary switches used by DOD and Boss, et al.  However, one of the things it lets you do is pack a latching stomp switch and momentary one into the same remote box in parallel.  The momentary one lets you switch things in a manner akin to the Steve Vai "Bad Horsie" wah from Morley, where simply taking your foot *off* switches back.  If you're fond of brief "punch-ins" in a gigging situation (e.g., a quick pinch of ring modulator for a riff and then exit), the option for a parallel momentary switch is a tremendous asset.  If the latched and momentary ones are in parallel, you can still have the option of using the latching one for a set-and-leave-it switching function.

zeta55

Quote from: j.c.zeta55 you are right, i forgot the "k" on the value of the resistor is 100K insted of 100 omh
So you got it working, that's great. Do you experience any pops or other nasties with the 1M resistors instead of thee 100K? You are running it with 1M resistors now, right?
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

j.c.

well it works, but with many pops when i press the switch.
I have to see that but i'm without time for look at the circuit. I belive my problems are with the mechanical switch or with the wire(i use a wire from a network cable, it's very thin and it breaks alot.)

zeta55

I'd guess the pops are caused by the 1M resistors. Try a lower value and see if you get less noice when switching.
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/