Site with Backing Tracks so I can record clips of pedals

Started by Craig V, January 23, 2005, 04:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig V

Hi,

Does anyone know of a site where I can get CD quality backing tracks?  I saw one posted here a few months ago, it was a kind of like a forum type format, and I bookmarked it, but my computer crashed and I cannot find it.  Can anyone post a link to that site?

Thanks!

mrsage

I know which site you mean...

I can't remember the name, but it shut down due to the cost of maintenance.

mrsage

www.guitarvoice.com

The service cost him $15/month because of bandwith requirements...I've got his e-mail address if anyone wants to revive it.

Craig V

Thanks for the reply.

That might have been it, but the name doesn't sound familiar to me, for some reason I think the word "monkey" was in the title, but again I could be wrong.  It was a forum, right, where someone would post that they had a song, and when you opened a thread, there was a download link at the top of the post?

Marcos - Munky

If you do a little search in Google, you will find backing tracks for some Satriani songs. Maybe this can help you.

R.G.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Eddie

I`m happy to help a little bit:

Visit:

www.vhfans.com

register, enter Backing track exchange forum !

Have fun!
Backing tracks heaven!
Eddie

Khas Evets

Have you tried the old left minus right trick - inverting the phase of one channel? That will usually drop bass and vocals (and anything else mixed to the center). It's a poor man's solution, but it might work for clips.

Craig V

Eddie,

That site is it!  Thank you so much... I've been searching the archives for that link.

Thanks for everyones help!

R.G.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

RDV