Ibanez SD-9 now fixed !!! pic of board ( RDV, remember ?)

Started by MartyMart, January 27, 2005, 06:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

YIPPEE AYE AYYYY  !!!!
My very first post here last year was an atempt to bring my SD-9 back to life!
In particular RDV was trying to get my "flip/flop" circuit working, I had a good distorted signal but nothing but background "fizz" on bypass.
I changed the two "flip/flop" trannys ( 2SK30A's) but could not get it to work ... :cry:
Having not looked at it for at least 6 months, I gave her a try this morning.
The previous owner had changed s few components ( parts didn't look right) and in the process had "stripped" part of the board "trace"
You can see the damage in this photo:
http://www.pbase.com/image/39108388

As you can tell there is a whole chunk of trace damaged at the botom of the board.
I finally spotted this ( how could I have missed it ) and fitted that orange wire between the 2SK30A and the diode from the trannys middle pin ( this trace was cut )
BINGO !!!  nice pure "clean" bypassed guitar.
I never would have known what to do without 10 months of learning from this forum.....
Thanks guys ( RDV :D )

Marty :D  :D  :D  :D
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

lightningfingers

Congratulations 8) BTW did you have any luck with that Vestax digital delay?
U N D E F I N E D

MartyMart

Quote from: lightningfingersCongratulations 8) BTW did you have any luck with that Vestax digital delay?
No, its toast !!
Still, it was only a tenner, box/6 pots/jacks and some parts are good so it may become a "Tremulous Lune" or something with 6 pots ??

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

RDV