ROG "PepperMill" Build & Photo's

Started by MartyMart, January 26, 2005, 11:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

I like this sound a lot :-) ! not sure that its an "overdrive" in the traditional sense, as it seems quite a subtle "crunch".
Provides a nice boost and will work on more "pop/country/blues" tracks quite well.
I had trouble biasing the J201, then discovered I had TWO bad trim pots !!!  and only one other 47k  :roll:
Luckily that worked fine . . . . me and pots   ??!!

Thanks to the "ROG" crew and to "Torchy" for the nice "stripboard" layout, to which I added a pair of strips for the LED & 3k9 resistor.
Thanks also to all of you here, who have helped me take an interest into an obsession  !!
You guy's ROCK !!!

http://www.pbase.com/image/39081359
http://www.pbase.com/image/39081360
http://www.pbase.com/image/39081362

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

GreenEye

For what it's worth - I've been wanting to build that one too.  I'm really getting into having less gain so I can "hear my amps" more.   My rangemaster clone has been nice for this, but of course I need to try more.  I also was drooling over all of Torchy's stripboards.  They all look so nicely laid out.

Dragonfly

boy....youve been a busy guy lately !!!  nice build, as always....

btw...i'm sending out a package to ya today!

gez

Maplin box
Maplin box
Dah-da-dah-dah
Maplin box!  :D
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

MartyMart

Quote from: Torchy
Quote from: Dragonflybtw...i'm sending out a package to ya today!

:shock:  I hope the feds arent watching this ...

Ha! unfortunately on this occasion, its not THAT sort of package !!
I'm just trading some parts with "Dragonfly" and yours went out today !
I like the "have you got a few of ***** to swop stuff  :D
Everyone who see's the "pete cornich" look with that "Dymo" label LOVE's it, so I'll give up on the flashy "decals" for now !!
Much quicker too hoohay !

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

Dragonfly

Quote from: Torchy
Quote from: Dragonflybtw...i'm sending out a package to ya today!

:shock:  I hope the feds arent watching this ...

<shhh...smuggling trannies...keep very quiet>    :wink:

MartyMart

Quote from: gezMaplin box
Maplin box
Dah-da-dah-dah

Yeah I know !!!
But they are damm fine boxes, and "ready hammerited" :D
people seem to like the "look" and I can't get that finnish !!!

Marty. :roll:  :oops:  :roll:

Dragonfly

Quote from: MartyMart
Quote from: gezMaplin box
Maplin box
Dah-da-dah-dah

Yeah I know !!!
But they are damm fine boxes, and "ready hammerited" :D
people seem to like the "look" and I can't get that finnish !!!

Marty. :roll:  :oops:  :roll:

im tellin'  ya....try the spray on truck bed liner ...looks similar to hammerite, WAY more durable, easy to use....i use Dupli-Color brand...so far ive only found black though.

i beat on it with a wrench, and was unable to get it to chip !

Alex C

That looks real nice, I love the finish on it.  Just curious, is the input cable all the way in?  It might just be a different type than I've seen, but it looks like it's only partially inserted.  Anyway, great job!

MartyMart

Quote from: Alex CThat looks real nice, I love the finish on it.  Just curious, is the input cable all the way in?  It might just be a different type than I've seen, but it looks like it's only partially inserted.  Anyway, great job!

Yes it is, its a "George L's" cable and it does look a little different.
I dont like 'em, I've had one go bad and prefer a "soldered" cable everytime  !!!

Marty.

aaronkessman

aaronkessman

MartyMart

Quote from: aaronkessmanhow bouts a pic of the guts?

Er, not this one its a "rats nest" and needs re-wiring !!

Marty.

MartyMart

Quote from: aaronkessmani, er, solder my george l's....

How ??
mine are a straight "cut" lead which touches the tip of the jack inside, then you "screw" on the jack cover and this "cuts" into the sleeve forming the contact . . . . . not possible to solder that type !
Perhaps you have "normal" type George L's  ?

Marty 8)