Psuedo random LFO schematic?

Started by nirvanas silence, January 26, 2005, 02:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirvanas silence

I found alot of great info on a page from Geofex but there were no reccomended starting values or formulas for finding the right value so I'm curious if anyone has experience with this.  Thanks for any tips.

The Tone God

Are you talking about a smooth LFO like for a phaser or a random digital LFO for sequencers ?

Andrew

nirvanas silence

Not a smooth LFO.  Here is the link I was referring to.  I just basically want to know how to figure out what values to use for the parts.

http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/LFOs/psuedorandom.htm

The Tone God

There are probably no values for the same reason I don't include values on some of my schematics. The values depend on what you are looking for. What are you trying to drive with this LFO ? What range are you looking for ? Since the oscilator circuit R.G.s is using if pretty common and is in the datasheet there is usually simple formulas for calculating the speed.

Andrew

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Try 200K and 1 uF, multiply or divide the cap by 10 or so until you get what you wnat.

nirvanas silence

Ok great, thanks to both of you guys, I appreciate it.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs21_super_psycho.html

Ken Stone's Psycho LFO here will give some starting points as well.
Also, he sells boards!!!

amz-fx

Here is the noise circuit from the Roland TR606 drum machine.  You can filter this noise source to get a low frequency signal:

C92 is the output and I would make it 1uF if you're going to low pass filter it.

If you gate this noise source you'll get a noise splash like a cymbal, or you can sum it with a drum sound for a snare sim.

regards, Jack

R.G.

Like I said, the more non-correlated oscillators you add, the better the noise.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.