Ruby stripboard layout?

Started by TheBigMan, January 26, 2005, 04:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigMan

I know Torchy was working on one but I couldn't find it in the archives or on the veroboard site.  Does anyone have one?

BD13UK

Brian

petemoore

Not to be picky, but the pic of the board in the ROG article link ^ has solid core wiring, and the 'other ends are not tied to the perfholes they thread through, I started tieing these with solder to the pad everywhere they are on the board, thinking they might touch consistantly, but the possibility of board capacitence building then being discharged to the component, if in signal path could possibly be heard or contribute to some other vibration 'thing' going on in the circuit.
  No matter for me, just curious about whether that's one of those 'matters' or not.
 Part of the reason I always do it, as you may have read, is for physical strength above board for locating solder joints there.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

B Tremblay

Quote from: petemooreNot to be picky, but the pic of the board in the ROG article link ^ has solid core wiring

I use the pre-tinned stranded wire as sold by Small Bear.  Anything on the underside of the board that looks like solid-core are actually component leads.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

SirPoonga

Quote from: petemooreNot to be picky, but the pic of the board in the ROG article link ^ has solid core wiring

I am confused by this statement.  The only wire in the rog perf layout is to offboard componants.

I don't know if being picky in this situation is worth it????  Look t my ruby thread and pics. I did my own perf layout as I did the bassman mods.  It sounds awesome.  Even when run through my built home theater system.  And in my layout I used two jumper wires for ground.

Torchy

TheBigMan

Quote from: BD13UKhttp://www.runoffgroove.com/ruby.html

Thanks, but that's the pad per hole perfboard layout, not strip/veroboard.

Thank you once again Torchy, I'll be doing this one and very probably an AMZ Mosfet Booster from your layouts.  :D