how much room within the MXR Dynacomp enclosure?

Started by powerplayj, January 27, 2005, 12:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powerplayj

Is there enough room within the stock Dynacomp enclosure to do the Dyna/Ross switching mod?
builds completed: boutique fuzz, rangemaster, BSIAB2, PT-80, Tonepad wah, Ross Comp, Axis Fuzz, MOSFET boost, Thunderchief, Big Muff (triangle), Mr. EQ, Dr. Boogey,  Neovibe, Dist+, EA Tremelo, ADA Flanger, RM Octavia
next build(s): ???

bwanasonic

I guess that depends on your ingenuity and skills, but it is VERY cramped inside the RI Dyna Comp I have.

Kerry M

Mark Hammer

If Steve Daniels is watching, perhaps when the bear emerges from the cave it might be possible to start stocking the little DPDT pushbutton switches that one uses for "bypass-on-board", without the metal frames, and WITH button knobs.  I gather, these are the devices that MXR/Dunlop uses for their little white pushbutton selectors in some of their pedals.  The switch itself, without the frame, takes up the same space as a 6-pin 4N37 optoisolator (which is a pretty damn small footprint), and the use of a pushbutton, rather than lateral motion of a toggle permits more switching to be comfortably accomplished in a smaller surface area.  One could *easily* stick a bank of 4 such pushbutton switches along with two pots and a stompswitch in a 1590B......but we'll need buttons/knobs to do it.