"Muff Fuzz" sweet tin build & pics (of guts to

Started by MartyMart, January 28, 2005, 10:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

http://www.pbase.com/image/39139442

Click on the link, then use the "next" button to scroll through.
The "previous" button will get you back to lots of other build photo's too.

This was built in celebration of handing in my finished accounts on time ( just !!) and the treat included the new "flashy" alu knob :-)
I used 2N5089's which sound damm loud ! and quite smooth, I only had a 47k log pot, so may be missing something ?
German sweet tin, so I used the writing to get "Multi-V Fuzzz"  :?
"gefulte bonbons" means "Filled sweets"
Torchy's stripboard layout,  schem at www.generalguitargadgets.com

Enjoy,
Marty 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

MartyMart

I've been playing this for half an hour with "Dragonfly's" Sparkle boost in front of it...... WOW thats a killer combo !!
It gives you the sparkle boosts nice mid/top end lift, more gain and "crunch" ( of course ) and works well with my strat pickups.
Without it, it's a bit "dull" and the "grind"  is lost when I back off the vol on the strat, now the sparkle boost acts like a "distortion" control !!
V-COOL, I recommend these two LOTS !!!

Marty :D
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

lightningfingers

wow, im getting major flashbacks now (mostly of black smoke and loss of hair)......my first build was a muff fuzz in a round tin just like that.......lol, but I built the opamp version.

Nice one 8)
U N D E F I N E D

Dragonfly

Quote from: MartyMarthttp://www.pbase.com/image/39139442

Click on the link, then use the "next" button to scroll through.
The "previous" button will get you back to lots of other build photo's too.

This was built in celebration of handing in my finished accounts on time ( just !!) and the treat included the new "flashy" alu knob :-)
I used 2N5089's which sound damm loud ! and quite smooth, I only had a 47k log pot, so may be missing something ?
German sweet tin, so I used the writing to get "Multi-V Fuzzz"  :?
"gefulte bonbons" means "Filled sweets"
Torchy's stripboard layout,  schem at www.generalguitargadgets.com

Enjoy,
Marty 8)

that kicks ass Marty !!!! i love those "small tin" builds....

NaBo

mrfjones