What kind of fuzz pedal was used on Spirit In The Sky?

Started by vanessa, January 29, 2005, 01:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesman1218

Very cool discussion. Nothing to add, just had to say something!  :icon_razz:
It's all about the tone!
Steve

POPA - Plain Old Power Attenuator AVAILABLE for PURCHASE soon!
Silvertone 1482 rebuilt - switchable Tweed, tube reverb, Baxandall + / Little Angel Chorus build, tons of Modded pedals

superferrite

I always assumed the Sly Stone fuzzbass sound was one of those built-in Maestros (ie, Dance to the Music, etc.) and that is kind of the same flavor of fuzz.

Smashmouth really does nail it with that Walking on the Sun.  I always assumed they were a studio construct band.   Those guys just don't seem tech savvy or even talented.
Psychedelic Garage Metal

Ben N

I got really close to the Spirit fuzz just by plugging an SG directly into the mic input of a Sansui cassette deck. The impedance mismatch made this really ripped, gated fuzz.
  • SUPPORTER

analogmike

Quote from: superferrite on June 05, 2011, 03:13:39 AM
I always assumed the Sly Stone fuzzbass sound was one of those built-in Maestros (ie, Dance to the Music, etc.) and that is kind of the same flavor of fuzz.

Acoustic 360 bass amp has fuzz.

Norman Greenbaum is very funny, good way to get people to stop asking him old questions.
DIY has unpleasant realities, such as that an operating soldering iron has two ends differing markedly in the degree of comfort with which they can be grasped. - J. Smith

mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects

http://www.analogman.com