Electro Harmonix Hot Tubes Transformer (pics)

Started by dirkfunk, January 29, 2005, 08:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirkfunk

Hey guys i just picked up a cheap vintage hot tubes off ebay for $60 bucks. The transformer looks pretty bad and im positive that is the problem with the pedal. I was wondering f anyone can guide me to where i can buy a new one. I am not to fimiliar with this pedal so any info can help. Is it a 12 volt or 24 volt circuit? The top of the transformer says: XA 0020.

RLBJR65

Richard Boop

puretube

if it were the tube-Hot Tubes, a better link would be this:
http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=23209&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tube+chassis&start=0

but since dirkfunk`s is a vintage H.T., which is a solidstate-box,
both links won`t help him... :(

puretube

lost info...

dirkfunk

so out of those 3 links the last one only mentioned a line cord (115V AC) power??? Can anyone please help figure out what transormer to buy? thanks alot.

ill post pics of it

From the other side of the three wires were the 2  black power cord wires and they were ripped out.

analogguru

If you buy a 24V center-tapped transformer (2x12V) you will be right.

analogguru

dirkfunk

so is the circuit 24 volt? i recently saw a similar transformer at radio shack its said 12v-25.2v ???

triskadecaepyon

I have the new Hot tubes, but that is no help to you :(  It seems you indeed have a vintage one.

puretube

I posted that H-C FX-forum link, so you can contact Howard Davis - former E-H engineer at the time of that pedal - and ask him;
I also posted a link there too, so that he might stumble across it, click here, and might help you...

hair force one

Here is the shematic from Jack Orman's site :

http://www.muzique.com/schem/hottube.gif

I've have myself one of these "hot tubes" distortion, got colorful tone and  can monster boost too, i've put a 9v cell plug because there was no transformer in it when a friend of mine gave it to me!

But i shall put aone if someone tell's me if it's 2x6 volts or 2x12! (or explain to me how to retro-calculate with the power supply's shematic!)

dirkfunk

yea somebody has to know if this vintage circuit is 12v or 24v. ?????

puretube

info gone...

jimbob

Puretube- Kinda reminds me of my days of cheap buys and repairs, hu? :)
Dirk- great find! and listen to Puretube. Hes steered me in the right direction w this EH stuff a few times and with success.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

puretube

free information sucks...