harshnoise.com - Effects! Equipment! Noise!

Started by KORGULL, January 30, 2005, 10:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KORGULL

//www.harshnoise.com -Just came across this site, haven't had a chance to fully investigate yet. Looks like it might be cool though. I saw a huge list of effects. Don't know how much actual info is present.
From their main page:

QuoteIntroduction
Harshnoise.com contains information, pictures and reviews of musical equipment that might appeal to musicians who don't play common styles of music... like noise! We have over 1900 items on this site for your viewing pleasure and are constantly updating the site with new information and adding new features so visit us often! You can start by browsing equipment information by category or manufacturer below or you may want to try searching for equipment.  

Equipment Information by Category
Pedal Effects, Footswitches, Volume / Expression Pedals, Adaptors, Analog Synth, Cases, Theremin, Mixers, Direct Box, Amplifiers, Power Supply, Sampler, Cords & Cables, Vocoder

Johnny G

yup its good isnt it. i have a shuftie round there every so often lol.

www.noisefx.com is run by one of the guys off harshnoise and they seem to normally have alot of interesting and peculier stompboxes up for grabs

i dunno if they still gotit but there was a Frostwave Pedal on there a little while ago
LET US INSTIGATE THE REVOLT,DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!

R.G.

I suspect they'd like to distribute Gristlizer clones.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

jrc4558

I didn't know that Tim's company name is LOFO.
http://www.harshnoise.com/product_list/lofo
Or is it someone else selling these designs off?

RDV

Quote from: R.G.I suspect they'd like to distribute Gristlizer clones.
What is this "Gristliser"? I saw your Gristle Box layout, but  no values.

RDV

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Chris Carter, of the UK noise band Throbbing Gristle, used the Gristleizer.
In fact he more or less claimed to have invented it, but it was a guitar effect (switchable filter /tremolo) from a UK DIY mag (Popular Electronics I think). Had a filter swept by a LFO, and you switched out the caps to make it a trem (if I remember tright).
In all fairness to Chris Carter, it would have disappeared without trace except for his use of it, nobody had ever used one to scream through before. I had thought of producign a clone last year (20th anniversary of the Gristelizers 5 minutes of fame) but, to be honest, it sounds pretty tame compared to what we have today!!
A classic case of, it isn't what you have, it is what you do with it :wink:

In fact there is a commercial clone,
www.harshnoise.com/product_info/ sirkut_electronics_moribuleizer_ltd

plus here is a good article on emulating it:
http://www.edge-effect.co.uk/waffle/ge/