Fane J44 Horn for Talkbox

Started by Johnny G, January 30, 2005, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny G

Ive had an old solid state carlsbro bass amp sitting at home in a state of disrepair (salvaged it from school, they were chucking it out and i knew the teacher in charge)

as well as being able to salvage a few bits and pieces from it and re-use the cab which will hopefully house a project amp i also have the speakers from it. as most will have guessed from the title its a small horn speaker and according to the writing on the back its a fane j44.

my obvious thought is to now use it to back a talk box however im not sure of any ratings for it with regards to how much power it could take. granted i shouldnt have to put too much juice through it for a talkbox but id still like to know.

also on the sunject of talkboxes in general, anybody know of a good way to attatch the piece of pipe to the speaker??

cheers
LET US INSTIGATE THE REVOLT,DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!

jayp5150

You'd have to do a search for specifics, but someone on here once mentioned that they ordered the fitting from Dunlop.  I have a Dunlop Talkbox, and this is just a fitting that screws directly onto the horn's threads, and then steps down to fit the tube.

I think a walk through Home Depot with an open mind may find the same results, but you'd probably have to piece a few fittings together.

Good luck!  Keep us posted.