News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

SUNDIAL

Started by petemoore, February 01, 2005, 02:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

I cleaned up the schematic of a Fuzz I became instant old friends with [because it sounds like a FF, and
 Cleans up very well like a FF...but dual clipping stages [or the boost of the First Stage] makes it saturate a good bit more, percussive pick attack, agressive FUZZ and cleanup at Guitvol...Very Good.
 The only real changes to scheamtics used are the two added rolloff caps on the FF side, and the input gain pot before the AXIS FUZZ, I'd suggest finding variations on the scheme that suit your set up...then posting your findings  :D   :P  !!!
 You could probably lose the 1rst stage gain knob in leu of fixed resistors 'of the' gain setting you like the knob at, G.Vol. and the 2nd stage gain knob would provide ample gain control. I have this setup in two separate boxes, it seems the 1rst stage gain knob can be set and left there.
 The pregain allows the first stage to be turned up to past unity without overdriving the second stage when it's kicked in. If you're using the whole circuit on a true bypass, the output knob of the first stage will let you prevent overdriving the second stage [eliminate the pregain pot].
 Sorry for the teeny fuzzy schematic, looked good but looks wayy too small now, I dunno....hafta look into that, cant seem to get it into EZ Share or Paint, I was going to try enlarging a few more different ways.
 I don't think I can delete a post, so I'll try to work up a better link to a readable copy. I couldn't get it to go into paint or EZ Share software...I dunno, have to try working with it tomorrow...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Prive

Pete, the size of the image is very small like a thumbnail and when you try to zoom at the schem to read it the quality is very bad.

Sorry, can you upload a better resolution image?

Saludos, Marcelo.
Fuzz boxes don't need on/off switch!!!!!!!!

Matteran

it's because the file size of a .bmp is large, and photobucket automatically resizes the image to 250k. you need to make it a .jpg or .gif

petemoore

Quote from: Matteranit's because the file size of a .bmp is large, and photobucket automatically resizes the image to 250k. you need to make it a .jpg or .gif

There you go with those terms I need to know...well I know 'em good enough, I just don't know how to find a use for them, I'll guess I'll guess I'll try figuring those out.
 I can't 'paint or EZ share them. they cant read that file....zoom is for my eyes only on EXP SCH. Hmmm...well sorry, Guess I'll have to work on it when I less bleary eyed.

puretube

download & use this wonderful free program:
http://www.irfanview.com/

RDV

The problem you're having with Photobucket is that you're not converting your bitmap file to a GIF or JPEG or something smaller. There is a limit to the bit-rate that PB allows for files, so it'll resize the pic. If you just do a 'save as' and select GIF or JPEG, then send that to Photobucket then it won't resize your files so dramatically.

RDV

petemoore

I 'gif' ed it, here what that looks like
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/petemoore/SUNDIAL.gif
 Bigger, but no better for reading.

petemoore

19  problems, then start from scratch...this one: paint threw out that Gif for some reason.
 Enter Malf.
 Photobucket down
 Site Down
 TPCBD
 Lost file
 Various resultant 'successful failures'
 Try again again...  I'm sure it's very easy, but it is also very difficult.

puretube

backup your files - or go bald... :cry:

petemoore

Quote from: puretubebackup your files - or go bald... :cry:
"HAIR LOSS P>RO>BL>EM?"...
 No...mmm...No Hair/No Problem !!!
 So...basically I've lost the save to file type options now...all except one: sch
 No more GIF or Jpeg or any of the other options I had this morning, in 'save file to type' [bottom window in save page, maybe said choose type of file....so many windows and pages I lose track...need to take notes so I don't sound so stupid when I'm typing]...anyway I have no GIF or Jpeg Options this afternoon.
 GIF was tried and 'seemed successful' in that it got converted, but failed to help for posting a readable schematic link so far.

petemoore

As far as file types in EXP SCH. I have one: "sch' ...whatever that is. It sucks, and is unreadable in the state it's in, and I can't get it out of that state except with ZOOM...saving file doesn't recognize EXP SCH's zoom, so the file is as unreadable anywhere else as it is in EXP SCH. [for some reason exp. decided to reduce the schematic to useless readability sizing, just rectangles where values were, and hash marks where the wires were...fuzzy/messy looking.
 I tried moving that silly 'sch' file, my only move to option in Exp Sch [file type of save page], converting to GIF and JPEG also provides a nice illegible rendering in Paint, Desktopping the file doesn't open any new options of file type either.
 I succesfully loaded in a GIF File to photobucket. garblage.
 Jpeg goes directly from / to: 'browse's and submit's' page.
 Tomorrow I hope doing all this typing, and working for hours on end will seem silly.  
 All the normal hurdles, lost pages, lost options, page downs, TPCBD's, and other problem apply en force...has to be easier to try this tomorrow.