SHopping this week- made me wonder- MAxon Compressor

Started by jimbob, February 01, 2005, 01:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

I came across a Maxon compressor and I wondered if there was any schemattics out there for this and if anyone has used it before. From the outside it looked basic enough- not that that means anything without opening it up - but i thought about building one instead if possible. It was black and in the same size enclosure of - exampl- an orange squeezer, dyna comp, Ross compressor. I did manage to find a great deal anyway- I bought a new but returned- Vox 847 for 15$ in box and bag that i plan to modify.
Anyways,

Anyone come across this Maxon Compressor or have a schematic?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

MartyMart

I have one, its very nice in use, a bit more flexible than the dynacomp and has a nice "bright" clear tone.
Sounds more like a "studio" comp !
I'll try and have a peek inside, last time I looked it was kind of "sealed up" within a thick plastic cage, so couldn't see any components

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

littlegreiger

You got a great deal on that wah pedal.  Where did you find it?

jimbob

Tht would be great. I know there are others out there who - like me would like to give that little bugger a try.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

MartyMart

Jimbob...... as promised  :wink:
http://www.pbase.com/image/39310762

LDR/JRC4558 2SC1815's and Maxon's perfect PCB   :D

Now I know why it sounds so good.

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

jimbob