simple octave circuit

Started by airplanehuh, February 01, 2005, 04:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airplanehuh

I'm looking for a really simple octave-up circuit that I can tool around with. Does anyone have a schematic that I could take a look at. I'm just trying to learn how make an octave-up effect that fits my needs. I'd prefer to examine a squaring circuit...RG's jfet doubler but without the distortion. but I suppose it would do me no harm to learn more about a full wave rectifier octave as well.  so pretty much anything you guys have would be great. I've already looked at most of the diy effects pages that I could find. the green ringer on the general guitar gadget site is pretty good, but i'd like to look at more variations.
or, if anyone knows of an octave-up effect that works well with bass and has a really smooth octave that would be great

the_badcliff

Tim Escobedo has some good octave circuits from what I hear.  I haven't built any, but it seems like people on this board seem to like them.

http://www.geocities.com/tpe123/folkurban/fuzz/snippets.html

All of his circuits are also moderately easy/cheap to build, so you can play around with them.  I have no idea how they would work with a bass though.

Try the Pushme Pullyou, or one of the Octup circuits that are on that page.

petemoore

the OUSB at GGG.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

jmusser

Go to GGG and build Guss Smalley's Simple Octave up. It's a very nice Oct up Fuzz. It's heavy fuzz, so don't expect it to be clean. Tim Escobedo's Octup Blender is an especially nine oct up fuzz, That blends as much fuzz with the original signal as you want, none at all, or only octave fuzz without the original. how it works with bass, I don't have a clue, but it's awesome with guitar.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

B Tremblay

B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com