News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

SUNDAIL

Started by petemoore, February 02, 2005, 03:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/petemoore/SUNDAIL.gif
 Thanks for helping me get this far...almost readable ? ...Maybe with all the resizings some resolution was lost..here's what I did..
 EXP SCH works great for schematic drawing, Dragonfly helped me through that, Thank you.
 Export Bitmap worked just fine and made for Jpeg and GIF options in 'file type',
 Then I retrieved it again from desktop to paint, where I messed with sizing again, cropping.
 I tried resizing options in exp sch, then through the hoops and posted them in misc forum. no differences
 Then tried all of the above in paint too. ND
 I'll have to draw it up again and try just threading it through to GIF then photoshop, to see if I can't get better resolution.
 Thanks for all the guidance guys !!! I knew it had to be better trying it the next day !!!  :D
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

puretube

no - very staircasey -
(yesterday you had a better version with that screenshot...)

petemoore

Thanks to Dragonfly, for drawing up and providing this nicely done image !!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/petemoore/SUNDAIL.gif
 And for suggesting and helping me use EXP PCB and EXP SCH, great circuit drawing programs, also for helping me figure out somethings about my computer...[I haven't finished doing that but that's another topic].
 So there it is...see what you can do with it !!!
 I just retested it again too...IT ROX MY RIG!

puretube

congrats, Pete - you got it perfect  :D

Peter Snowberg

Cool. 8)

One small suggestion.... move the 2M2 resistor from the input of stage 2 to the same position on stage 1. The stage 2 pot takes care of the pull down function. :D
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

puretube

err, right, Peter - I`s just referring to the (finally) perfect graphic transmission  :)

petemoore

Yupp, plenty of room in that for mods.
 Yes adding other 'amenities' is surely a good thing...the way the switching is done, the AXIS can be alone, added pulldowns for switch popping would be a good inclusion.

jmusser

This couldn't home come at a better time. I was totally out of fuzzes to build! :wink: Nice Work!
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

Phorhas

Electron Pusher

petemoore

Well thanks for all the help guys !!!
 I'ts really just a doctored, chained bit of existing engineering...FF and AF. Nothing TOTALLY new about it at all, except I've never read about 'it'. Rolling off highs became painfully obvious to me at first chaining.
 Just sort of a new way to use them?, me think JH might have used this...or something like it...really great for the live concert guitar insanity vibe.
 Anyway the Rolloff gain at guitvol. offers a pretty wide dicotomy of saturation levels, from Pretty Dern Clean [slight boost ... nice sounding], to very aggressive and heavy saturation...can make my T.AMP Howl...shifting harmonics etc.
 Fuzzier than yer basic FF for sure...sizzlier high end...still cleans up real good [that kind of surprized me].
 Draws a 'picture' like a FF, but with greater 'contrast'...more colors...