Proco Rat mod (ge diode or AC127/8 transistor as diode)

Started by Atk, February 02, 2005, 04:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atk

I'd like to mod my proco rat with a switch thru diode.

I'd like to obtain a choice thru SI diode and GE diode...

How can I do?

What kind of difference between the germanium diode clipping and silicon diode clipping?

In the arron homepage it's explain some transistor can work as diode wiring Base and emitter only... I have some germanium transistor like AC127 and AC128. Can I insert it as a diode clipping in the rat?

What do you think?

OLa

strungout

Oy.

Well, you just need a spdt on-on switch and your other set of diodes/Ge-trannies-as-diode.

Check the schematic section, under Pro Co, Tonda's mods. Shows basically how it's connected. You can use a spst on-on switch (or an on-off-on switch for big boost) connecting (as per the schematic) "A" to the center lug, and "B" and "C" to either outside lugs.

Ge sounds more compressed and fuzzy.

Hope that helps.

Ciao.
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

NaBo

just a correction... that'd be an spdt, not a spst... spst's just have 2 lugs and are either open or closed  :wink:

strungout

"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".