Double-Boost in Tiny Tin!

Started by NaBo, February 02, 2005, 07:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will it fit?

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: February 02, 2005, 07:24:27 PM

NaBo

i decided it was time to start making some boosters and not just breadboarding them, so here's my first... circuit's nothing special, just two LPB's in series... but look at the tin it's going in!!! :D

Less than half the size of a normal altoids tin!  cool!

I'm gonna have to have the battery outside the tin, perhaps lashed to the bottom.  I'm going to hopefully have this thing attached to my strap somehow.  i'll finish it when im home in 2 weeks!  it'll be awesome 8)

Oliver

Hi,

YES - its really easy to build it in a Size like a small Postage Stamp..

make it sMAll

bye
Oliver
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

MartyMart

"Small is beautiful"  !!!
How about no battery, just a 9v socket ?

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

NaBo

i was thinking about that... but since i wanna bring it up off the floor, i'd have to run a cord to it and i dont think i have a half-inch to spare anywhere in there :?

i did order a bunch of those panel mount dc jacks, so they wouldn't take up too much room, but even then, the only room i can see when i try little "mock-ups" is on either side of the output... and i think my toggles might end up taking most of that space

but i suppose with a battery snap, i could always just run some heatshrinked wire from a power source to another snap and power it that way, if i wanted.  i'll have to see...

it's a great little ckt though, can't wait to stuff it in there!

Oliver

Quote from: MartyMart"Small is beautiful"  !!!
How about no battery, just a 9v socket ?

Marty. 8)

Hi Marty,

there is no Bat connected at that moment of taking the Photo....
The Booster was placed in an old A/B SwitchBox (Left and Right for the Input and Output Jacks and the Middlehole for the BoostPot.)

to make it smaller, it would be better to use only a DC Jack, no
Battery  :D

cu
Oliver

P.S.: a Link to my BuildReport (LPB)
http://diy.musikding.de/berichte/eff/lpb/lpb1.html
Only dead Fishes go with the flow... >-))))-°>

aaronkessman

speaking of altoids,

which DPDT or 3PDT stomp switches fit in an altoids tin?

NaBo

in the fullsize altoids tins, i've found the cheap x-wing dpdts work best.  their lugs are out to the sides so  the bottom of the switch can 'safely' rest against the bottom of the tin...  meaning as long as you dont jump on it, it should hold up to regular use.  i think aron's 3pdts MIGHT fit, without the nut and lockwasher that are supposed to go on the inside of the enclosure... but you'd definitely wanna to reinforce the tin around the switch so the lugs dont smash against the floor  :?

you can always fit a multitude of toggles in there though  :wink:

petemoore

Great Miniaturizations ! - ! - ! LPB Microcities !!1
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

aaronkessman

i havent actually tried to fit a fulltone style 3PDT in there, but it doesnt look like it'll fit. Maybe you could do this:

Fit the switch in, mash the cover down so that the metal around the switch buckles up, insulate the solder lugs on the switch from the bottom of the can, and you're all set. Of course, the switch cant be too big, and it'll be messy, but hey, its an altoids tin.

NaBo

Who remembers this thing...

Finished and boxed today 8)

Pics soon... this thing's cool.

NaBo

Tadaaaa!

Before congratulating me on the paint job, I should say it's just duct tape... if you've been to active surplus in to, you've seen it before  :wink:

JimRayden

I love it!

Gonna have to shop for candy in metal boxes.

----------
Jimbo

Hal

I never tried it, but I think I head the x-wings fit.

MartyMart

GREAT JOB !!
I love those "sweet tin" builds, got about 6 of 'em now :D
I went for small DPDT toggle switches of on/off too ....!

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com