What does MXR use on the bottom of their pedals?

Started by Outlaws, February 05, 2005, 05:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outlaws

I have heard of people using that neoprene stuff that Wallmart sells in the crafts section, but it sure didn't feel like it would off any slip protection at all.

MartyMart

I just bought some "Fun Foam"  its black tough foam rubber about 2mm thick.
It will be great cut up and stuck on like MXR.
Craft shops will have similar.

Marty 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Alex C

I've heard of some people using old mouse pads, but I've never done it myself.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

What works, would depend to a large degree on what the floor is made of.
For a carpet, spikes would be good :wink:
Seriously, those self-stick rubber feet seem OK to me on any common surface.

Connoisseur of Distortion

i vouch for velcro! put velcr carpet stuff on a piece of ply wood (if you're cheap) or buy a pedalboard ready made. velcro is effective, cheap, and reliable. (biggest gripe: it will pick up all kinds of stuff if set on the carpet)

StephenGiles

Surely they print out a few Flanger/Doubler circuit diagrams, tear them into little pieces, mix with glue, bake for 30 minutes at 300F ...............
S :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Mark Hammer

The fun foam stuff works great.  It is about the thickness of a piece of felt, grips well, and a single square (12" x 12") of it will provide bottoms for a number of pedals.  The one thing you have to be sure about though is that the paint on your chassis is securely adhered to the bottom panel.  Otherwise, the foam is simply glued to the paint and will leave you an ugly bare spot on the bottom panel if it detaches.

Another thing I've used with some success is the cork base you can buy at hobby stores for mounting model train tracks on.  Just the right size, cheap, and easy to work with.

Paul Marossy

The stuff that is sold at Walmart works really well for me. It has a lot more grip than you would think, at least in my experience with it.

rooster

You can go to ACE hardware and pick up some of the rubber "deck tape" that people put on either boat decks or patios. It has a good gripping ability if the box has a little weight to it, it's pretty cheap, and looks good.

rooster.