Switches for sansamp?

Started by sir_modulus, February 05, 2005, 10:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sir_modulus

Hi all!

I'm gonna write a photoessay for tonepad(?) on how to build a sansamp! The problem I have is that can't seem to find the right switches. I need ones that aren't big and square (no chassis punch/etc...), so I basically need one that needs a circular hole. Anyone know where one of these may be found?

Cheers,

Nish

Fret Wire

Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

sir_modulus

I think I'll go for toggle.

Cheers,

Nish

zeta55

Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

sir_modulus

I dunno...I kinda liked the look of toggles, but I guess they're really hard to find with the parameters I gave. Does anyone have a mouser part number for a set of switches to use? I like ones with no solder lugs, and that have a short shaft like the small bear pots. Is this possible?

Cheers,

Nish

kojjum

I used a slide switch wich I foud at RS Components in the UK. http:www.rs-components.com. Partno: 337-481

//jens
Never repair stuff that ain't broken!

Pierre

Hi kojjum !!
is your GT2 doing microphonic noises at high settings ?
What kind of caps did you used ?
Your enclosure is really really cool !!! :D

triskadecaepyon

Are those like fender mustang switches?  

This is what it looks like when switched.

x x - -
x x - -

- x x -
- x x -

- - x x
- - x x

is this the right one?

sir_modulus

no, they aren't like the mustang switches...those are..weird. They have no real pole.

These are like this:

X-X-0-0
X-0-X-0
X-0-0-X

They are common as rotary switches...but seem to be hard to get as toggle switches.

Kojjum: I love that thing. You were my inspiration to build a sansamp GT2

Cheers,

Nish

RickL

NKK sells a mini toggle that can be configured as a sp3t with one jumper and another that works as a dp3t with two jumpers. They're fairly expensive but my local electronic supply store was able to order them with no problem.

They also have a web site (google NKK).

I was able to fit my GT2 into a Raco box using these switches.

kojjum

Quote from: PierreHi kojjum !!
is your GT2 doing microphonic noises at high settings ?
What kind of caps did you used ?
Your enclosure is really really cool !!! :D

Hi Pierre

In front of my computersecreen I get all sors of noices...and that's were I've useed it. It tends to me a bit noicy at verry high Gain settings...especially if the treble is turned up all way.

I used MMK polyestercaps to this one.

I'm glad you liked the enclosure...I think it looks kind of classy. It took me a couple of hours to finnish but it was worth it.

/jens

kojjum

Quote from: sir_modulusKojjum: I love that thing. You were my inspiration to build a sansamp GT2

Thank you...go on with the build...it's woth it!

What IC's are you going to use? I went for TL072 for IC1 and TLC2262 for the rest. Tried with TL072 in places but it self ocillated and sounded like crap.

//jens

sir_modulus

Well I didn't think that far ahead...yet.

I havea bunch of NE5532, so I'll see what I can get to work.

Cheers,

Nish

dave h.

Quote from: kojjumI used a slide switch wich I foud at RS Components in the UK. http:www.rs-components.com. Partno: 337-481

//jens

... is it wrong in any way that i find this picture sexy?

altough it might be more expensive, man, that gold silver scheme would be complete with shiny aluminum knobs.

triskadecaepyon

gtrmac

No kidding, that's a great design. I assume the inside looks a nice too.

kojjum

Thanks for all comments. I'll take some pictures of the inside tomorrow and post. I added a Boss style knob...will try to get a aluminum that match later. It's a lot of of-board wiring to do in this project. Taks a lot more time to do the wires than populating te board.

//jens

triskadecaepyon

I need to try to build my sans amp soon also.  I have the PCB sitting around without anything on it...

gak

i've already etched and drilled the PCB
also i'm already soldered some stuff i had lying around... the IC sockets, jumpers and a few resistors
i have to order the rest of the parts, i can't wait to finish it!  :evil:

i'm also still needing the switches... i think i'm going to look for something useful tomorrow...

kojjum

Here's some more images of my GT-2. Notice the numbers of cables!!! Belive it or not...I managed to get it right at my first attempt :lol:

//jens