400 bucks for a "Fuzz" ??

Started by MartyMart, February 05, 2005, 10:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

sir_modulus

hey wow, that works out to be $20 per component  :D

The thing that bugs me, is that this is real AND mojo crap. But it's still WAAAAAAAYYY overpriced. You could get a much better boutique one for cheaper.

Cheers,

Nish

petemoore

The Amp looks like the good deal on the page there...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

MartyMart

Quote from: mrsageHow about $800 for a Big Muff clone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41418&item=3779398681&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I like the question at the bottom, someone asked if he could trade a
"Vintage Fart in a Bottle"  for it !!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Oh my Oh my  ...

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

jmusser

Opening up a Russian Big Muff was what got me into DIYing to start with. "I paid $70.00 for this"? :shock:
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

Outlaws

Quote from: jmusserOpening up a Russian Big Muff was what got me into DIYing to start with. "I paid $70.00 for this"? :shock:

LMFAO

Thats what I said.  Except it was because mine broke after 6 months of light home use.  I still have my USA one though.  errrr....not that I went out and bought the American one even after the Russian POS died....but I did.  lol

Connoisseur of Distortion

similar experience happened to me, too! except... i opened up a danelectro black coffee metal distortion... saw 2 or 3 double sided surface mount boards... closed box up again and was deterred for about 6 months.  :oops:

Jaicen_solo

I believe the black coffee is a clone of the Boss Metal zone if you're interested.  One of the circuit boards in the little lunchbox pedals is supposedly common to all in the series and is used for power filtering and bypass purposes.  Not that I suppose anyone cares.....

jmusser

My wife bought me that pedal for Christmas a couple years back by mistake, because I had wanted the Black Licorice. After I played on it awhile, I just kept it. It does great Sabbath type stuff. Yeah, there are times when 400 dollars doesn't seem so much, if you're building a Jet Phaser or something, but a Tone Bender reissue? Aren't we basically building Tone Bender reissues when we build a clone of it? All I can see is you're getting a nicely labeled $300.00 enclosure out of the deal.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: Jaicen_soloI believe the black coffee is a clone of the Boss Metal zone if you're interested.  One of the circuit boards in the little lunchbox pedals is supposedly common to all in the series and is used for power filtering and bypass purposes.  Not that I suppose anyone cares.....
*I* care! God bless you! :D

phillip

It doesn't even have the original MKI circuit in it...IIRC, it has the MKII circuit.

Phillip

dave h.

Quote from: mrsageHow about $800 for a Big Muff clone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41418&item=3779398681&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

from ebay:
"Excellent Condition (a few nicks) WAY HUGE Swollen Pickle FUZZ. Rare, hard to find since the company went out of business a few years back. Extremely collectable. Sounds Killer!! The harmonics scream off the fretboard!"

anyone who tells me that something makes "harmonics scream off the fretboard" does two things:

1. makes me picture tiny little cartoon pac-man shaped "harmonic" men getting squashed between strings and the fretboard and screaming for their dear lives, and
2. makes me keep on lookin.

petemoore

I've known people that buy into stuff I think is 'wierd'.
  One had 9 different excellent bass guitars, some rare, and one lil' POS amp...I was like see...ya think about turning just one or two of the basses that sound like poo anyway...because of the amp...and turn them into a really nice bass amp.
 You take that 800$ thang, nice as it is...get one that might sound better or worse [varying as these things do] for 80...lol, and then you go AMP SHOPPING !!!...DOHHH. Ya look in the paper for that nice amp/guitar combo for a nice price.
  I know for a fact you can cop big amp tone for 700 N/P...New with LOTS to spare, or two of 'em.
 What'd you rather have, two PV Classic 30's, or one BMP ?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.