One more about cap's (the GT 2 proyect)

Started by Pierre, February 05, 2005, 01:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pierre

Hi !!!
A few weeks ago a asked you about "Wima" caps...Now, i'm going to do the Gt 2 from Tonepad again, i allready done this proyect with ceramic caps and im planing to rebuild it just to see if there's a improuvement in the sound with this Wima box style caps over the ceramic ones...
The thing is the space between the leads of the wima caps are too small comparing with the space in the Tonepad's pcb's...What kind of caps should i use ? are the Wima good for TonePad proyects ? Should i bend the lead's ?...yes, i know, these are newbe's questions, but i dont have any other place to ask them.. :roll: ...
Does anyone solved the microphonic style noise in the high gain settings of this proyect ???
Again, thank you all  :D

Fret Wire

Bending leads is no problem. Many times a cap's lead spacing doesn't match the board spacing. Do it gently and don't stress the leads right where they exit the cap. Much of the noise on the high gain settings can be reduced by keeping your wiring short and neat. With the three switches, you have an additional 18 wires to deal with.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)