Small clone depth pot woes...

Started by triskadecaepyon, February 05, 2005, 03:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triskadecaepyon

It seems that the depth pot on my small clone goes from nothing to full depth no matter what I do.  I think I may have wired it incorrectly, so those who have got the depth pot working successfuly please help.

So far, this is what I've got so far

Depth pot:
lug 1 - goes to edge of where the 2k7 resistor was

lug 2 - goes to 10 uf cap below

lug 3 - goes to ground.

Something wrong here????

p1_ind

If you are using the 100K ohm pot you need to make sure that the edge of where the 2K7 resistor was is not still connected to the trace going to the 10uF cap.

There is another method using a 10K ohm pot which was recently updated on the tonepad site which you could also try.

Adam

triskadecaepyon

so when you remove the resistors, do you leave the connected at all with plain wire?  I think what I may have done wrong is leaving them in there, or something of the type.

triskadecaepyon

OK I figured it out.  I have to remove the link from the 4k7 resistor.  I had another wire in there, but that just creates a parallel path!  No wonder it wasn't working.   I was making it so the pot's lug's 1 and 2 were the same...

p1_ind

Glad you figured it out!!

You might want to check out the other speed and depth mods.
And a switch for removing the dry signal turns it into a nice vibrato.
And I think it was Colin that posted a while back about a mod for making it a chorus/tremolo.

It is a great pedal with so many possibilities.

Adam

triskadecaepyon

you know where to put a switch to make it a vibrato??

p1_ind

After the input opamp stage the signal splits off.
One way it goes to the delay section and the dry signal goes to a 22K ohm resistor.  The other side of the 22K resistor is tied to a 20K resistor from the delay section and a 10K resistor that goes to the output opamp stage.
If you put a switch that lifts one side of the 22K resistor (dry signal) from the circuit all you will get is the wet signal.  Instant vibrato.

Several of the mods for this unit are listed in the build reports at Tonepad.

Good luck and happy modding,
Adam

triskadecaepyon

I should really try that soon.  My small clone will look like wierdest pedal ever with all these switches and a rotary pot with 2 leds and 3 controls.