Boss mt-2- horroble pedal! Needs some links plz

Started by jimbob, February 07, 2005, 10:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

After going through my list of pedals and trying them out i came to a conclusion that this is one nasty waste of cash. I know there has to be some decently documented sites or info out there to mod this thing. I went through the search  here in the forum and found a few "pieces" here and there but nothing too in debt.

Anyone have a link to some great mods for this thing? Just like the sound sample on Analogman's site, there is that white noise whooshing sound i want to get rid of as well as round out the sound a little.

thanks

jimbob
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

airplanehuh

its been a while since you posted this one so i'm not sure if you figured it out or not but i thought i'd let you know what i know...which isn't much really.
i have an mt-2 and although i like it for very specific and limited uses during recording and noise making its a really cold pedal that could use better eqs and probably some more creativity in design. there are a few sites that boast about amazing mt-2 mods. try these sites - one even has a book to buy that has instructions on doing the mods yourself:
www.indyguitarist.com
www.analogman.com
www.robertkeeley.com
although they are a little secretive as to what the mods actually are for the most part...they gotta make money some how i guess.
rather than modding my mt-2 i just tried a lot of different combinations with other pedals, ie, wah, fuzz, eq, octave. there are plenty of usefull combinations without paying for mods. maybe someday i'll mod it.

hope that helps.

Ed G.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=18743&start=15

If I'm not mistaken, Warren Haynes uses a MT-2. So apparently good sounds can be gotten out of this thing...of course, it doesn't hurt to have the chops and taste that Warren has, either.

wampcat1

Quote from: airplanehuhits been a while since you posted this one so i'm not sure if you figured it out or not but i thought i'd let you know what i know...which isn't much really.
i have an mt-2 and although i like it for very specific and limited uses during recording and noise making its a really cold pedal that could use better eqs and probably some more creativity in design. there are a few sites that boast about amazing mt-2 mods. try these sites - one even has a book to buy that has instructions on doing the mods yourself:
www.indyguitarist.com
www.analogman.com
www.robertkeeley.com
although they are a little secretive as to what the mods actually are for the most part...they gotta make money some how i guess.
rather than modding my mt-2 i just tried a lot of different combinations with other pedals, ie, wah, fuzz, eq, octave. there are plenty of usefull combinations without paying for mods. maybe someday i'll mod it.

hope that helps.

I haven't tried AM's mod yet, but keeley's mod is very cool at getting more note seperation, and clarity.

My mod is designed to remove the nasal qualities of the pedal.

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks,
Brian