Ugly Blues & Lather(large Mp3 files)

Started by RDV, February 07, 2005, 08:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDV

Let's start throwing solos on these backing tracks and passin' em around!
This is 2:40 @128 so it's a good size download, but have at it!

Ugly Blues

RDV

Eric H

Quote from: RDV

Here's how Gilmour would have sounded with an UgLyFaCe and if he'd somewhat forgotten how to play his song.

RDV
Heheheh
Actually the tone works pretty well --though it sounds like Dave remembered how to shred for a minute, there.

-Eric
" I've had it with cheap cables..."
--DougH

Alpha579

Alex Fiddes

jmusser

Man, you just gave me a bad case of "fretboard envy"! Really nice Ricky. It looks like you've found your favorite pedal. I love the sustain of the Ugly Face. It just goes on for a month. I can see several similarities between the Ugly Face and the Crash Sync as far as the unending sustain goes, plus they both have terminal weirdness if you want to unleash it. Then there's the whole new pedal you have with both of them, if you're going through an expression pedal. Have you built the Crash Sync? If not, you're going to love that one too, I can promise you!
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

Ge_Whiz

I definitely heard Brian May guesting on the second track.

RDV

Quote from: Ge_WhizI definitely heard Brian May guesting on the second track.
Yes, 'Bri-Bri' & I are old chums!  :wink:  :wink:

RDV

petemoore

Foaming at the mouth a bit here and there...gotta lUV that UF for it's 'unconventional rudeness'.
 That guitar, Ricki, is the Machine Eh?
 Excellent pickups for LEad Voicing...the one thing I hear in your sound clips, beside the great LEad 'n nice backing trax, is THAT guitar !!!
 It has a Very Powerful, yet nicely balanced and well defined voice.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

RDV

Sunburst Mexican Strat with a Duncan 59' in the lead position on all the UF clips.

It's actually out of favor at the moment and I'm playing my green LP Jr. Special(which is on most of my other clips) live lately.

RDV

RDV

One more UgLyFaCe sample to illustrate the "low octave follower" function. It takes a bit but every note from 3rd octave E on up will bloom into an octave. The playing's not too great, but shows what's going on.

RDV

jmusser

The Octave feature is cool. I hadn't really played around with playing it slow to know it would do that. I was asking earlier, if you had built the Crash Sync? I would love to hear the same pieces you played in the samples, to be played on the it, and the Gargletron. The Gargletron is really cool when you can work the expession pot, but it's an awesome fuzz on it's own with that nasal honk it has. I think the Crash Sync is still uglier! That octave piece you played, would have the following splattering around behind the first octave down. All three are awesome circuits to say the least, and they all have features that make them stand out from each other. When I grow up, I want to play just like RDV :wink:
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

Ge_Whiz

Quote from: RDV
Quote from: Ge_WhizI definitely heard Brian May guesting on the second track.
Yes, 'Bri-Bri' & I are old chums!  :wink:  :wink:

RDV

Oh, right! I'll mention your name next time I bump into him... :wink:

RDV

Quote from: jmusserI was asking earlier, if you had built the Crash Sync?
I'm looking at it, there's no envelope control, right?

RDV

jmusser

The timer pot on that one, will do the same things that you did on the "Uglier" sound sample of the Ugly Face. You can listen to the Crash Sync "Notes" sample on the John Hollis site to hear what I'm talking about. I believe that's what you mean by envelope control. The Gargletron "gargle" pot does the same thing. Like I said, they all have certain similarities in that respect, that they can either be controlled while playing, or left alone locked into a certain frequency. The Crash Sync has an amazing one and two octave down on in it, that is either or, or 1 octave down, with the 2nd octave down splattering out of control in the back ground if you get the adjustments just right. Sine I've built this one, I won't be building the Shoctave Harmonizer, because this ones down octave is better and tracks better than it or the Ugly Face. I used a TL082 in it that you can get from Radio Shack. I have no idea if that contributed to the octave down feature, but there was nothing mentioned about that feature in the text. Since you obviously like Ugly :wink: , you'll really like ugly with Star Wars light sabors thrown in!

RDV

LATHER
Oh, the drama!

RDV

jmusser

Transmogrifox

Quote from: RDVLet's start throwing solos on these backing tracks and passin' em around!

RDV

Nice work RDV.  You leave some big shoes to fill.  I don't know if I can measure up, but if you email me the backing tracks  transmogrifox@yahoo.com , or post them I take a swing at it with whatever I have on my breadboard right now.  I finally rigged up a little little 1/4" jack to a 1/8" mono connection to my soundcard.  Here's a little ditty I did on my acoustic with the preamp/ 3-band active EQ unit I built a couple weeks ago.  It's a little rough but there are a couple short sections that actually sound somewhat pretty.  Don't fear, I love the electric and am very near to building the Ugly Face as my next project:

www.geocities.com/transmogrifox/acousticsketchmp3
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.

JimRayden

Hey, can you post the blues back track up here? I'd love to try my tube driver and the PMW on that one.

--------------
Jimbo

RDV

Quote from: JimRaydenHey, can you post the blues back track up here? I'd love to try my tube driver and the PMW on that one.

--------------
Jimbo
All the tracks I've been using are here. Sign up and happy hunting.

RDV